Recommendations please...
Jan 21, 2008 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sideways

100+ Head-Fier
I would very much appreciate some input on the best way to accomplish this:

I would like to "connect" my computer to my home stereo...isn't everyone
smily_headphones1.gif
Distance is about 20-25ft from office to living room.

I have an Auzentech X-plosion with an LM4562 in place of the standard issue for the front channels. I use this card strictly for music and honestly I have liked this card alot since I purchased it. So do I just get a 25ft cable and run with it?? Do I opt out, go digital coax and let my amp handle the rest?? Do I need and\or require a DAC?? USB (would that bypass my Auzentech?? I still want to listen at my computer as well)?? Do I go wireless with a Squeezebox??

Many options I'm sure. I am fussy on the quality of my music...high quality rips...flac...so I would like to know my best option. Budget is about $300.00.

I greatly appreciate all your help and time...thanks kindly!!!

Dave

Jan 24, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 4
Also check out the new Slim Devices Duet. I like the LED readout on my Squeezebox III (something the Duet receiver does not have), but I am looking at the Duet as a way to extend my music collection to another system. The cool Duet remote would be able to control both boxes.

Jan 25, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #4 of 4
The squeezebox is definitely the way to go. With good ripping software and ripps, this method of data transport (ethernet) meets or exceeds the quality one could achieve in the past with a decent dedicated "transport". While it's not absolutely necessary (the stock DAC of the SB3 is OK), to really get the most out of this solution you need to run into a good outboard DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back