Recommendations please...headphones that don't fall out while running
Dec 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mushsl

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I'm sure this is probably covered somewhere else but I can't seem to find it and apologize.

I'm currently using the stock iPhone 5 regular earphones/headphones and they constantly fall out while running, both outsides and on the treadmill.  I am looking for a decent pair of headphones that either fit in the ear or clip on in some capacity, without falling out.  They don't need to be amazing quality sound or anything extravagant, just something not too bulky, simple, and that won't fall out while running.  I appreciate all the help...thanks!

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Shure SE 215.
Once in the ears, they never fell out. Fit very great, high quality cable which is removable.
Hope you like bass, because these are pretty bassy with a dark punchy sounding.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #4 of 5
I'm doubtful that the Shures would still stay in during a vigorous run with a lot of sweat everywhere.
wink.gif
  I used to run ... a lot.  I wish I still could, but it's tough at my stage in life - so I walk a lot, instead.

That said in all my running, only a headband guaranteed that plugs or earbuds would stay in place.  I had really good luck with Sony's sports models.  The last one I got that's lasted for years was the MDR-AS100:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Mdr-As100W-Active-Style-Headphones/dp/B0015ADXPI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386947076&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+mdr-as100

It's a really superlative phone for very hard running and other vigorous exercise.  There are others in the Sony sports line that are a lot cheaper, though - but maybe not sound as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back