Recommendations please: all-around headphones
Apr 13, 2024 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Soul_Viper

Head-Fier
Hi there mates,

After several days of deep research, decided to come back here to ask for advice about my next little caprice.

Let me explain, I want to buy a pair of headphones for multiples uses: gaming, music, videos...

The difficult of my research is that I need them to be compatible with wired gaming (audio+microphone via usb/analog connection) but also with bluetooth connection when I commute/travel. In adittion to this I consider ANC a must and comfort is my top priority. Not so easy, right? xD

Thanks to Rtings website I was able to filter between hundreds of heaphones easily so the list of top and available models right now that fits my needs and preferences is very very reduced (at least with their database ofc...) so I top 3 seems to be these ones:

- Sennheiser Momentum 4
- Shure AONIC gen 2
- Discontinued Bose QuietComfort 35 II Gaming Headset (only available on ebay resellers)

Focal Bathys is another top headphone but it is way too expensive for me right now.

Any other option that I'm not aware of??? Would be very appreciated :)

Theoretically from the 3 finalists and according the measures made by Rtings the Bose is the best between them in almost every aspect. Do you think this is correct? Afaik rtings has demonstated to me in the past that their tv/monitor reviews are really really accurate as I could also verify their info on my own several times but how about headphones?? Are them 100% trustworthy too??

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Apr 13, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 15
It looks like you've already found a few options that might work well for you. :slight_smile:

But if you ever feel like indulging an alternate idea, I'd seriously consider segmenting the use cases to get the best results. In that case, I'd say the gaming/music/videos use case would be the easier of the two to satisfy. For me, that'd be an Audeze's Maxwell: https://www.audeze.com/products/maxwell-wireless-gaming-headset. For travel, now that's harder. I'm not an air warrior, but I reliably fly at least a half dozen times per year (probably more) on average. In doing so, I've found that having as compact and rugged solution as possible helps with sanity. For me, that means a good pair of custom in-ears.

Apr 14, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #3 of 15
Between Focal Bathys price and your other options prices, lays the Apple's AirPods Max.
Fits all your mentioned criteria:
Sound? Check.
Gaming? Check.
Cable? Check.
Bluetooth? Check.
Desktop? Check.
Travel? Check.
Comfort? Check if you can find it somewhere and try it. For some it is ok comfo,
some they say they tend to move with sudden moves. It depends from how you want to use them.
If it fits nicely to your head, I think it's exactly what you're looking for.
Cheers mate!

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #5 of 15
I've had the Sennheiser and the same model Bose as well. They're both good picks, but the Momentum 4 has better fit and finish, the controls were simpler with the new tap system, and better battery life. The Bose were comfortable and good for TV watching, but didn't like them as much for gaming in Destiny 2.

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 15
It looks like you've already found a few options that might work well for you. :slight_smile:

But if you ever feel like indulging an alternate idea, I'd seriously consider segmenting the use cases to get the best results. In that case, I'd say the gaming/music/videos use case would be the easier of the two to satisfy. For me, that'd be an Audeze's Maxwell: https://www.audeze.com/products/maxwell-wireless-gaming-headset. For travel, now that's harder. I'm not an air warrior, but I reliably fly at least a half dozen times per year (probably more) on average. In doing so, I've found that having as compact and rugged solution as possible helps with sanity. For me, that means a good pair of custom in-ears.
yeah I know what u mean, but actually for me is easier to have only one headphone

the big concern with the audeze is its weight and lower comfort according to ppl compared with the others

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #9 of 15
I've had the Sennheiser and the same model Bose as well. They're both good picks, but the Momentum 4 has better fit and finish, the controls were simpler with the new tap system, and better battery life. The Bose were comfortable and good for TV watching, but didn't like them as much for gaming in Destiny 2.
what do u mean by bettter fit? bose is the king in comfort right?

tell me what u disliked about gaming on destiny? did u try this game or another one with sennheiser?

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #13 of 15
The Dyson Zone are very comfortable and sound great. You can connect them to a PC using the add-on flight adapter. They are regularly on sale for a round $400. Regardless of price, they sound better than the bathys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back