Recommendations on Portable Speakers
Nov 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

GettingBuckets

100+ Head-Fier
As the title says, I need a few recommendations on some good quality portable speakers I can hook up to my MP3 or my computer. However, no bluetooth speakers please. I'm not sure where to start, but I'm looking hopefully to spend <$150 on a good one. Thanks for the help!

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 9
Bump

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #3 of 9
Nuforce Cube. Take a look at it, it has nice features. 

Nov 7, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #4 of 9
The Nuforce Cube doesn't seem to get many good reviews, and I could use something a little bit bigger than that, too.

Nov 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #5 of 9
Also, do most PC speakers and bluetooth speakers have an auxiliary input?

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #6 of 9
Bump

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #7 of 9
Pshaww, let me end your search here. The Soundfreaq Soundkick is honestly the best speaker for the money out there. It is bluetooth, and has an aux input (3.5mm), and can even charge your phone on the go (as long as you're playing music below a certain volume level). It also has an app for both Android and Apple that acts as a remote control, although it is in need of help (they say they're updating it soon). But honestly, it is one of the best additions to my tech ever. It is so portable, the sound is great, it is very loud for it's size. Just great. Check it out. 

Oh, and the best part. It's $100 :wink:

Now, if you have a little more to your budget (unlike I did lol), I'd highly recommend the Bose Soundlink II. Last time I was in Miami, I got off the plane and basically went to the mall with my carry on, which happened to have my Soundkick in it. I walked by the Bose store and saw them advertising their new bluetooth speaker, the Soundlink II, which also had an aux input (3.5 mm jack). I whipped my Soundkick out and made some comparisons. That thing was AMAZING. It was so loud, yet music didn't get distorted. It looked almost as portable as my Soundkick (slightly larger), but the biggest thing was the sound. Apparently it has eight speakers within it (don't quote me), two of which are on the BACK of the speaker (quote me on that one, I remember that to this day haha). Anyway, long story short, that thing was amazing. It was also $300. So those are the two best on the spectrum of budget in my opinion. Hope I helped you out a bit!

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for the response! The Bose sounds like more along what I need, but I am always wary of Bose products because while they perform alright, their performance usually does not match up with their price (at least with headphones).

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #9 of 9
The Bose will perform better than you can imagine. I was beyond impressed with it. I can highly recommend it and I know you will thoroughly enjoy it. And I agree on the headphones. I believe the reason the headphones do not match up with the price is because there is much more high-end competition when it comes to headphones, as opposed to the (currently) somewhat specialized market of portable bluetooth speakers, and the competition has managed to match the Bose headphones at a lower price point. Maybe in the future the competition will edge closer to the diversity that is currently present in the headphone market, which will drive the prices down. As for now, though, my top suggestions are definitely the Soundfreaq Soundkick and the Bose Soundlink II.

(I know this because when I went to that mall in Florida, I was in the Bose store and business was particularly slow. When they saw me making a comparison between the Soundkick and the Soundlink, they decided I was the most interesting thing that happened all day so they shut the doors and let me test its full capabilities :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back