recommendations on a much shorter decent budget cable for my HD650's?
Jan 3, 2008 at 5:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Exit Pupil

100+ Head-Fier
I'm after something similar to (or slightly better quality than) the original cable, but only 4 or 5 feet in length for use on my desk. I'm getting sick of the tangle. terminated in a 1/8th plug would be good too.

I plan to keep the original cable intact.

cheers

Jan 3, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #4 of 8
I've got just the thing.

Hopefully $60 plus shipping is okay with you, because they absolutely do not come cheaper. If that price is unthinkable, you'll need to shorten the cable yourself, or buy a replacemen 650 cable from the sennheiser parts store and shorten it.

Jan 3, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got just the thing.

Hopefully $60 plus shipping is okay with you, because they absolutely do not come cheaper. If that price is unthinkable, you'll need to shorten the cable yourself, or buy a replacemen 650 cable from the sennheiser parts store and shorten it.

fantastic. how do you think this will compare to the stock cable sound wise? it certainly looks fancy.

Jan 3, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking for the same thing & just bought this,

Head-Direct.com

Still awaiting. Looks good!

Please let us know what you think of this as I am also interested in upgrading my stock HD650 cable.

Many thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

John

Jan 3, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #7 of 8
Both the Dowin and the ZYCable 650 cables are made by well-known Chinese DIY'ers. Dirt cheap chinese exports is really what head-direct does best, and God bless them for it.

There are a handful of reviews on this site - most of them mixed. The cardas and the Stefan Audio Arts are really the darlings around here.

That being said, I too would really enjoy hearing your findings on that Dowin cable. It sure looks nice.

Jan 3, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both the Dowin and the ZYCable 650 cables are made by well-known Chinese DIY'ers. Dirt cheap chinese exports is really what head-direct does best, and God bless them for it.

There are a handful of reviews on this site - most of them mixed. The cardas and the Stefan Audio Arts are really the darlings around here.

That being said, I too would really enjoy hearing your findings on that Dowin cable. It sure looks nice.

I've got one of them ZYCables and the really nice thing about it is that it is really cheap and its portable short... it's also incredibly temperamental about maintaining a connection both at the 3.5 plug end (because it constantly pauses my ipod if I use my 650's with it) plus at the left hand ear end a simple twist of the head from one side to the other can result in a lost connection where the cable plugs into the 650's... so its cheap, but even at cheap I wouldn't buy another one, now if someone would just buy in stock Sennheiser cables and chop them down to five foot and solder a decent plug on and make a good job of it then I would buy one instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back