Recommendations of replacement ear tips for ATH-E50
Dec 20, 2019 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mambosun92

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody,
I recently bought the Audio Technica IEM ATH-E50 and I am plenty satisfied with it. I use it for my Sound Design projects (mixing and mastering excepted) and I do appreciate their comfort, especially after 8 hours of continuous work.
The only drawback I see is there's only one stock eartips which works well for me, the largest one. The smaller models can't provide the level of isolation and the full range sound reproduction (especially for bass) of the biggest one.
Which means if I break or loose them, I'm stuck.
I asked Audio Technica which replacement model they would suggest and they recommeded their own foam eartips (ref: EP-FT/5 )
These come in 5 pairs of the same size but again are far too small for me (lack of bass and sound isolation).
So my question is which aftermarket earpieces would be a good replacement ?
I currently use Alpine earplug for my rehearsal and gigs, they are quite good and comfy. They are double flange design which I would like to experiment with my ATH-E50 as well, but maybe earplug and eartips for headphones are not compatible?
I've seen Comply but heard many bad comment about their low durability with tregards to their high price.
Another candidate could be Spinfit, but they have so many models I don't know which one would perfectly fit with my ATH -E50, and they are rather costly.

What do you think and which model/ brand would you recommend for optimal sound reproduction?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #5 of 7
I've never used the ATH IEMs. That said, I almost always go double or triple flange as they get a bit deeper in the ear canal and has better isolation.
Thanks again, that's why I planned to experiment with double/triple flange.
However I read some mild comments about double or triple flange ear tips apparently causing some possible sound degradation, slightly altering definition: did you notice the same?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks again, that's why I planned to experiment with double/triple flange.
However I read some mild comments about double or triple flange ear tips apparently causing some possible sound degradation, slightly altering definition: did you notice the same?
As always, you have to play with it to get the 'right' fit. I do find myself having to rearrange them sometimes. They do cause a bit of irritation at times too.

Dec 12, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #7 of 7
Update: I finally ordered Spinfit CP100 & CP145 after consulting Spinfit guys to check which model better fits in my IEM and can't be be happier. The sound and comfort improvements over the stock earplugs make them a must have, at least for the ATH-E50 and for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back