Recommendations of Open Back Headphones that are not sibilants under 130$?
Mar 4, 2022 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Galeonero

100+ Head-Fier
Hello people, I'm looking for a good pair of open headphones to use to play games, watch movies or listen to music (very varied I listen to, almost all genres).
My budget is under 130$
I'm looking for them to be very comfortable, especially pads that are very breathable. I don't like synthetic leather ones, I sweat too much.
Sound as a reference sound I have the KOSS UR40 and FiiO FA1 that I had, they had good mids and highs without being sibilant at all but they lacked bass for my preference, I'm looking for something warmer to tell you in a way.
Currently I have a Sony MDR100A I like the sound but it lacks a bit of detail in the mids and highs for my taste.
As source at the moment is the notebook and I have a Dongle for iPhone that has the Realtek alc5686 but I plan to change it for a better dac/amp in the future.

My options at the moment are:
Philips SHP9600 from what I read are a nice improvement over the 9500 which were sibilant and have a bit more bass, bigger pads.

Hifiman HE400se I don't know where I read that they were a bit sibilant maybe that's why I discard them but I see that they are highly recommended by the audiophile public

Sennheiser HD58X I would like to put it on the list but I saw that they increased in price from 140 to 190 so I would have to discard it, if I find it on sale I could but not at the moment.

Mar 5, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #2 of 4
Mar 5, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #4 of 4
Hello, thanks for the recommendation to bring to Argentina, today we use Glic because I exchange something on Amazon and instead of charging you 30 dollars for shipping with taxes to give you an example, today it charges you about 150 dollars.

I'm going to see those philips, why do you prefer them over the rest?

The Philips Fidelio L2 have a balanced sound and the treble is sure to be non-sibilant. You will need to fit the Brainwavz oval velour ear pads over the lips of the outer ear cup baffles, but they will fit just fine. How much would all three items cost with 3rd party handling and shipping total?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back