Recommendations of amps to use with W3 and se530( from ipod lineout)
Dec 20, 2008 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Jerry Wang

100+ Head-Fier
as title.
Looking for a decent amp to use with W3 and Se530

source: ipod classic(6.5gen)

best to be a easy-to-get model..

and I am not sure about the lineout cable..

Dec 20, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 12
The RSA Tomahawk would suit you well.An ALO bling bling is not a bad affordable line out.

Dec 20, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #3 of 12
The RSA Mustang is getting praises all around and is said to have excellent synergy to the W3s.

ALO Audio seems to be the premier LOD maker based on how many people I see post about them.

Dec 20, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 12
Just did some poking around on RSA Tomahawk, wonder what is the different there between Tomahawk and The Hornet..

Dec 20, 2008 at 12:26 PM Post #5 of 12
Got confused with all the RSA portable amps.
Which one to get?
What are those differences??

Dec 20, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #7 of 12
With the SE530 I reccomend a Meier Corda xMove.
Amazing sound, great soundstage and long battery-life.

Dec 20, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #8 of 12
Aren't there already like 3 threads about this same topic?

Dec 20, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #9 of 12
yep its getting a little tiring hey???
confused_face(1).gif
search button people..... search button!!!!

Dec 20, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #10 of 12
It freaks me out that there are four or five of these threads going, while all the Stax people are immediately chastised to keep their discussion to one thread-- a thread with 950 screens, I might add.

This is really weird. I feel like I know next to nothing about Stax and I am unwilling to read through all that crap-- but at the same time, I am well versed in every portable amp option available today due to the frequency that these threads pop up. Just an observation from a relative newcomer around here.

Dec 20, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypoicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It freaks me out that there are four or five of these threads going, while all the Stax people are immediately chastised to keep their discussion to one thread-- a thread with 950 screens, I might add.

This is really weird. I feel like I know next to nothing about Stax and I am unwilling to read through all that crap-- but at the same time, I am well versed in every portable amp option available today due to the frequency that these threads pop up. Just an observation from a relative newcomer around here.

Sounds like it's time for you to get some 'stats.
o2smile.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #12 of 12
Distant horizon, Monkey. right now I'm looking at solid-state amps to try to figure out why people think the HD650s are so great. So far, I just don't get it-- they sound positively dull on my tube amp, while the Grados are "live." One of these days I might risk the wrath of asking what a good "starter Stax" setup might be, but there are too many other items on the upgrade path right now.

I do know that I have no interest in spending massive money on any of these flavor of the week portable amp for IEMs fads, though I can't stop reading them. Sort of like watching bad T.V.-- you know it's wrong but you just can't stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back