Recommendations: GR07 Classic vs Dunu DN-1000 vs...
Nov 23, 2014 at 7:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dtsang2710

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

This is my first ever post so if I have done anything incorrectly, ie. posted in the wrong forum, please do tell me.

Anyways, I would like to start getting into in ear monitors and I'm considering purchasing either a pair of Vsonic GR07 Classic or a pair of DUNU 1K. I'm looking for a pair which would isolate well and present a fun and balanced sound without being too much of either, ie. not too much bass or treble. I have searched endlessly for which one would be better suited to me and so far have found that the GR07 are supposedly more "neutral and balanced" as opposed to Dunu's more "fun" sounding V-Shape.

I listen to a wide variety of music, mainly to country, rock, mainstream pop, alternative and the odd piece of classical music to compliment my piano playing.

If there are any other IEMs in the similar price bracket, I would be happy to listen to some considerations. Up to this point, I have investigated a lot of IEM that may suit my needs, eg. TF10, RE 400, TDK BA200, however, it seems Head fi community seem to love the Dunu DN1000 and Vsonic GR07 quite a lot, hence why I am having trouble deciding between the two.

I look forward to everyone's replies and hopefully this issue can be sorted quickly so I can order a pair and finally see what all this rave is about.

Regards

Donald
(UK)

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for reply! The pairs that you mentioned were actually the first ones that got me into wanting to purchase some in ear monitors to replace my Sony MDR 1Rs. However, after extensively reading up on both, the HF5 seemed too "analytical and lacking in bass" as people have said, also the Shure SE215 were said to be kind of an opposite to the HF5 in that it has a lot of bass, mids but were a little lacking in detail. 

What I'm looking for are IEMs that shine in all areas, ie. isolation, comfort, bass,mids and highs, without going over my budget. This has led me to finding out about GR07 and the DN1K. 

I know I should go and try them for myself, however there are very few audio stores around me that have demos which is why I am relying on head fiers likes yourself to help me through this dilemma of picking up the best IEM for me and maybe others who have the same problem. 

Would you happen to have any experience with the DN1K or GR07?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back