Recommendations for Wireless Overheads
Nov 24, 2021 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

coppiman

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody. I hope you're doing great.

I've been silently following the forum and have read a lot of things as I've been preparing for a buy of wireless overheads.

The question though to me isn't that clearly answered.
Could 300€ - 400€ (possible leaeay) buy nice sounding wireless overheads? And what could be that?

Features needed:
  • SQ is of course the most important. I like natural sounding (as much as possible anyway).
  • Good passive noise cancelling would be enough for me since I will be using them in work environment with some environment noise. ANC is not needed really.
  • Microphone will be needed, too.
  • As compact as possible in order to be able to easily commute.
  • Be able to buy from Europe.

I had the chance to only try the Sony WH-1000XM4 (at default EQ settings) and it was a bit too bass heavy for my tastes. Unfortunately is difficult for me to have access to these kind of headphones in order to try them, that's why I turn to you guys.

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

Dec 14, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 10
Shure Aonic 50 may be worth checking out. Ordered them a few days ago after reading some compratively good reviews but will see how they do.

Dec 16, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 10
I listened to a bunch of them and the Sennheiser Momentum 3 came up on top, followed by the Shure Aonic 50. The Sennheiser's sounded similar to my M40X which I really really like. Elevated bass and treble but not muddy or sibilant.

But then I tried the Anker Soundcore Life Q30 and Q35 and they're about 1/3rd the price but about 90% of the performance of the Shure and Sennheiser's. So now I'm stuck.

Dec 16, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #5 of 10
Soundcore life q35 has hi-res and ldac, great headphone and sounds great. That's what i have and i have tried many any returned those for these.

Dec 16, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #7 of 10
Shure Aonic 50 may be worth checking out. Ordered them a few days ago after reading some compratively good reviews but will see how they do.
Aonic 50 aren't going to fit his "compact" category. They do not fold inward and so, they have rather big carrying case

Dec 16, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #8 of 10
Aonic 50 aren't going to fit his "compact" category. They do not fold inward and so, they have rather big carrying case
They are still portable - I personally wouldn't mind commuting with them. By most accounts, they are sturdy enough to throw in a bag if needed. The OP suggested that SQ is the most important criterium and Aonic 50 is easily top 3 recommendation in that area for a wireless headphone in his/her budget. Surely it is worth considering.

Dec 16, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #9 of 10
They are still portable - I personally wouldn't mind commuting with them. By most accounts, they are sturdy enough to throw in a bag if needed. The OP suggested that SQ is the most important criterium and Aonic 50 is easily top 3 recommendation in that area for a wireless headphone in his/her budget. Surely it is worth considering.
That is true. If you don't carry the case around then it should be fine. Sound quality is unbeatable on the Aonic 50 and besides, the app is very well made. The equalizer makes sense.

Dec 27, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #10 of 10
So, I appreciate so much all of your input guys. I just found an awesome deal and got the Master & Dynamic MW65 for just under 300 euros (due VAT excl).
Among the reasons were the size and the weight of the MW65 and also the stellar reviews that I've been reading about both of them. Also, I liked the looks of the MW65s a bit more to be honest.
I am currently waiting for them to arrive and I will post back impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back