Recommendations for sub 500 U/CIEM for a guy who got out of a cave after 7 years
Apr 14, 2020 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

inf.h5n1

New Head-Fier
Hi,

TL;DR - need advice on choosing one of the following models or any other recommendation. looking for an analytical signature, treble oriented IEMs, with fast and noticeable but not too powerfull bass.

So long story sort, I had Noble 3C (custom) for the last 7 years, ran them from some pDAPs and other mid quality sources, and was practicly unaware of whats going on in the hifi world. Unfortunately, a week ago one shell broke and I started to look for new cans just to discover things have changed significantly, leaving my quite confused with all the new names an options. i'm looking for sub 500$ C\IEM, and after some intensive 3 days of reading reviews I have my eyes on the following names:

1. Ibasso it04
  2. FiiO FH7
  3. Moondrop Blessing 2
  4. fearless sr6 pro/rui (either universal or custom)
  5. fearless sr8f/p/z (universal, custom is above my limits..)
  6. CTM CT400 PRO (custom)

Now, I live in a place where, unfortunately, I can't try almost none of the following cans, and in any event with the COVID19 going on there is no chance to check IEMs before purchase

I did my research and read tons of product reviews on all these models and other than figuring that they are generally speaking good options I have no clue how to compare between them, so I am in a need for the wisdom of the crowd.

I listen to electronic, rock and hip hop music.

my signature taste is analytical to my understanding (maybe harman curve?), with aggressive highs and not-so-warm bass. past headphones I liked were the Fischer Audio dba2 mkII and the good old ETY ER4 which I wish had more bass and a better soundstage and timbre. I enjoyed the Noble 3Cs but cant say they had my taste of sound.

source will be oneplus 6t or with DAC dongle or DAC/AMP, and PC with the same.

fit and isolation is important as I will be commuting a lot with these.

hope I haven't forgot any relevant info.

any recommendation or input will be greatly appreciated.
thank you in advance

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #3 of 4
Based on your description/preference, I would say definitely check out the Fearless S8Z. There is one available in the for sale forums for $470.

Thanks, but aren't these bass-heavy or at least bass oriented cans? In Fearless' Facebook page they scored it 4 stars for bass and mid, but only 3 stars for treble..

Also, bump.

Apr 15, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, but aren't these bass-heavy or at least bass oriented cans? In Fearless' Facebook page they scored it 4 stars for bass and mid, but only 3 stars for treble..

Also, bump.
I have owned them and would say they are more mids/treble heavy. The S8F/P are more v-shaped, but the S8Z is much brighter, more aggressive iem. I'd suggest checking out some reviews/impressions on them which describe the sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back