Recommendations for sub £200 IEMs
Jun 18, 2015 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

asylumxl

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

After many years (and several pairs) of Etymotic Research ER4 earphones, I am now seeking something else to replace them after the cable became faulty again. While I like the sound of the ER4S/P earphones I have had repeated problems with the cables, despite the fact I am extremely careful with them, so I feel that the build quality does not fit the price asked for them in the UK.

I am sure that some people will recommend sending them back to Etymotic for replacement/repair which I have done before, but they have since started charging extortionate shipping costs, making it not worthwhile outside of America.

In terms of full size headphones I generally use Audio Technica M50s and have grown to enjoy their sound signature (which I would guess is slightly V shaped). So, with that in mind I am looking for recommendations for IEMs with a similar sound. I might be able to go up slightly in price range.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 2
Hey, I think you will be told to post here: http://www.head-fi.org/f/7840/introductions-help-and-recommendations

But I'll give you my advice, as someone who used Etymotic, and had the cable die on them. I am looking to purchase the Noble Savants from America, they cost a fair penny (£399) but  reviews say the Noble 4's are a cut above the ER4. So have a look at these two earphones and see which you prefer.

As I said I am going with the Noble Savants which come out recently and they come with a free wireless system as well. My research for the past few months have led me to Noble audio and I can't comment on the sound quality/build as I don't own a pair.

Just helping you with a little direction but at your price range, have a look at Noble 3's (£225)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back