Recommendations For some headphones
Jan 8, 2010 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

lucasvo1__lucas_vo1+hotmail.com@head-fi.org
Hi there everybody,
I need some good recommendations for some headphones. I already looked at a number of headphones such as Audio Technica ES7, Bose QuietComfort,etc
I am looking for a pair of headphones to wear whenever I am walking, in the train, bus,etc, so they have to be comfortable and closed so people dont get annoyed with my music
dt880smile.png
. They also have to eliminate all the noise from outside.
I like to listen to alternative rock, a lot of electronic music, etc.
My budget could go till 150-200 euro

Thank you in advance
normal_smile .gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 16
I'm looking for exactly the same thing as you are, with same taste in music, so I'll just bump the thread in hope of a reply.

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #6 of 16
Well isolation comes with cost
Noise(full size) cancellation phones have good comfort but mess up the sound and dont isolate, not even close as advertised, pure marketing and stylish accessories IMO !
Senn 25 1(with velour pads) is most comfortable 'phone that does the isolation part right.
You should check gmp 8.35d at full size section they are pretty good and dont need an amp.

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #8 of 16
So, other then the Senn Hd 25, are there any other headphones that will satisfy my needs?
And do the Senn hd 25 come in standard with the velour pads?

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #9 of 16
I borrowed a pair of Senn HD25's recently, they were what I expected sound wise but I found them a little uncomfortable if really used for long continous hours, its not so much the clamp, I think its because they are on-ear. But the isolation was good and all the other things mentioned about this headphone. I think you should really try it on before getting it.

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #10 of 16
There is a special edition HD25 that does not come with the velour pads. Instead it comes with a carry case for the headphones. The standard box comes with both velour and the normal pads. The velour pads make a huge difference in comfort.

@evanlazlo when you tried them did they have the velour soft pads?

Jan 9, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #12 of 16
Just the title of this thread made me think you didn't know what you wanted. You want portable, isolation and good sound? The Sony MDR V6 could just be it.

Jan 10, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #14 of 16
Really the only headphone that I know of that has a combination of portable size, good isolation, and good sound is the HD25-1. You could also look at the ATH-ES7 but I didn't find them that great sounding and they don't isolate very well. If your looking for an IEM then someone else can suggest something for you, I don't have much experience at all with in ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back