Recommendations for replacing my V‑MODA Crossfade M‑100
Feb 6, 2018 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

policeman51

New Head-Fier
So I've had my V-MODA M-100s for about 3 years now and I love how it makes the music lively and fun.
My problem is the pressure and smaller ear cups. I can only wear them for 45min - 1 hour and I have to take them off which sucks.

So I'm looking for a new pair of closed back headphones I can use on the train and in the office.
I've been looking at wireless as well since bluetooth is much more mature than it was when I purchased the Crossfades.

I've started looking at the Crossfade Wireless 2 headphones, and they fit, just not sure if they'll hurt my ears over time like my M-100's do.
Home use: I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 569 that I use at home, small podcast stuff and gaming.
Music: I like to listen to Rap, Dubstep, but lately I have been listening to the Hamilton soundtrack and the new JT.
Bass: I like bass. Like the Audio Technica M50x don't have enough for me. The HD 569s have good base for my liking.
Portable: I would like them to be portable for traveling.
Source: Just my LG V20 and I have a Fiio A3 (mostly for the quick volume controls)
Bluetooth: I don't need aptx, even though my source can take advantage of it, it's not necessary. I would like to take advantage of Bluetooth 4.x though. The Crossfade Wireless 2 only use version 3.0.

Any suggestions? I'm eyeing the following but I'm curious of other's experiences or any other suggestions:
  • Audio Technica ATHMSR7BK
  • Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC
  • B&O Beoplay H4
  • VModa Crossfade Wireless 2
Thanks ahead of time.

Feb 6, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 6
Maybe I missed it but did you give a budget? The reason I mention it is that the Senn HD-1 is a good option were it to be in your budget. I also like the B&O fairly well. Have not heard the ATH or the HD 4.50 BTNC. I like the VMODA, but I do not have the comfort issues you have.

Feb 6, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #3 of 6
Maybe I missed it but did you give a budget? The reason I mention it is that the Senn HD-1 is a good option were it to be in your budget. I also like the B&O fairly well. Have not heard the ATH or the HD 4.50 BTNC. I like the VMODA, but I do not have the comfort issues you have.

You didn't miss it. I did not give a budget. I'm aiming for around $300.
What's funny is I don't like how the Sennheiser HD-1s fit. It's weird, but the hard leather I just don't like. Same with the B&W PXs.

Feb 6, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #5 of 6
Nice I will thanks.
I actually just tried my VModas on and man I love these. People are saying the fit of the Wireless 2 is better and the sound is even better. Hmmmmm... Maybe the grass isn't greener :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back