Recommendations for on-ear with Klipsch S4 type sound
Jun 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Pogbellies

Head-Fier
I hope that somebody can help;

I have the Klipsch S4 and love their presentation, particularly the bass. However I like to listen to music on my iPhone while walking my dog, the S4's transmit every footfall like a kettle drum. I have tried different tips and although some lessen the effect they do not eliminate it. On reading up on the subject it seems that all iem's suffer from this to some extent.

So I have decided to invest in a decent on-ear. The criteria are it should have extended but detailed bass (a'la the S4) clear and detailed mids and high's, should be fairly easy to drive (I don't want to mess around with an amp), be fairly discrete (not too big or garish) and be closed back (little or no sound leakage).

I also own sennheiser px100-ii which I use for this purpose, however their bass lacks quantity for my liking and they are open. In the past I have owned px200 mk1's but these were far too light on the bass. My musical taste is very varied and includes, alternative, rock, some hip-hop, pop, and classical.

I was looking ideally at a budget of up to £100 but could stretch a fraction higher if justified. One of the models I liked the look of is ATH-ES7.

Can anyone suggest something that fits the bill?

Jun 6, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #2 of 2
After some digging around I found the AKG K450 at Superfi for £49. So I have gone with these. Now cooking 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back