Recommendations for non-over ear IEM for wife
Mar 11, 2016 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dan2112

New Head-Fier
I am in search of a high quality IEM that does not go over the ear as an anniversary gift for my wife.  She would prefer to not have to curl the wire over hear ear - I guess it's a girl thing, but I think limits me to the mostly dynamic IEMs.  I was looking at the Sennheiser IE800 and the IE8.  She likes female vocals and listens to HipHop.  I personally don't want her to have an over bloated bass iem as the songs themselves would do more than enough to emphasize the bass.  Any recommendations? 

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #2 of 3
There are enough high quality BA IEMs that do not necessarily go over the ear. For example the Etymotic ER4S and the Klipch X12i, X20i, XR8i (this last one is a hybrid). Even AMT-drivers and planar magnetic drivers are available for in-ears that don't go over the ear (Obravo). If you want to play it safe, I'd say go for the Klipsch X12i or X20i. The Sennheiser IE800 is very highly praised too of course. Certainly for Hip-Hop the dynamic drivers can give a nice, punchy sound (without sounding bloated).

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 3
Yep. The IE800, Klipsch X12/20, should do nicely.

Get her all three and see which one she likes best. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back