Recommendations for non-ear canal phones for gym
Nov 29, 2008 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

auee

100+ Head-Fier
I tried several pairs of ear canal phones and I simply cannot tolerate the intrusion in my ears. I need a pair of phones for use at the gym. I had been using a pair of Sennheiser PX100s. However, I broke them and I am looking for recommendations for their replacement. The Sennheisers had several good attributes for use at the gym. They are light and fairly comfortable, tolerate a lot of sweat, add little heat to one's head and have little or no microphonics from a moving cord. I would like these same attributes in the replacement as well as better sound such as deeper base, sweeter highs and richer mid-range, if this is possible. Would a pair of Grado SR60s or 80s be an improvement? Any others? As always, I am grateful for your assistance.

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 3
I went ahead and purchased the Grado SR60s. I love them for their use. Phones to listen to while working out at the gym. However, the cord is too long. I have part of it bunched and tied off, but it is bulky in my gym shorts. Is there a way of shortening the cord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back