Recommendations for my wife who only likes earbuds and has an iPod...
Nov 19, 2013 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Chiraag

New Head-Fier
Hi all, thanks in advance for the help!

My wife's slowly moving away from Apple but still has an iPod. Her standard earbuds are shot and she doesn't get on with in-ears, so I looked through a bunch of reviews here but couldn't decide on what to go for.

Essentially, cheap but better than Apple's own is all I'm after - she wouldn't want them too expensive.
I currently use JVC HAFX101s as a reference for how cheap I go personally!  But I like fun sound. I can't stand her Apple earbuds' appalling sound and I want her to enjoy her music more than she does now.

All feedback massively appreciated!

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #4 of 9
If you're looking to treat your wife a little better this Christmas than a $20 pair of Sennheisers you should look at the IE80's. 

These are also by Sennheiser but they are fantastic. Great all around earbud.

Obviously a portable amp would be needed too something like a Fiio E17 but it would be well worth your extra expense, especially when she first hears her music.

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #5 of 9
  If you're looking to treat your wife a little better this Christmas than a $20 pair of Sennheisers you should look at the IE80's. 

These are also by Sennheiser but they are fantastic. Great all around earbud.

Obviously a portable amp would be needed too something like a Fiio E17 but it would be well worth your extra expense, especially when she first hears her music.

IE80s are IEMs.
Great sounding earbuds (non In-Ear's) go for Sennheiser MX470 or MX685. They are great sounding earbuds.

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #6 of 9

IE80s are IEMs.
Great sounding earbuds (non In-Ear's) go for Sennheiser MX470 or MX685. They are great sounding earbuds.

Ew a earbud that falls out every 5 seconds. Eh I guess it's all personal lol.

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #7 of 9
For me they don't actually. But fitting on those pads they provide with the phones helps with the fit.

Thread starter wanted an earbud, not IEM.

Nov 19, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #8 of 9
  For me they don't actually. But fitting on those pads they provide with the phones helps with the fit.

Thread starter wanted an earbud, not IEM.

Indeed and thanks to all of you for the help.

I prefer IEM, but she likes earbud - probably stems from her not liking wet willies, which I prey on muhahah!

Also don't think it needs to be sonically amazing - if it sounds good for the money, that'll be fine! Just a treat for her rather than a Christmas present!

Nov 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #9 of 9

Sennheiser? Those are in-ear non?

yes, Sennheiser in ear phones CX 400, CX 500. My CX 400 II is about to die after 2 years of use and CX 550 is being used in office

Users who are viewing this thread

Back