Recommendations for Moondrop setup
Jul 16, 2023 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

floydiohead

New Head-Fier
Hi Headfiers, long time lurker here.

I've had perhaps 5 pairs of IEM's over the years, but have been out of the game for some time.

Having decided to get a new pair, I have done quite a bit of research (thanks to everybody on here and this wonderful resource) and I have landed on a pair of Moondrop B2 Dusk.

What I would appreciate some recommendations on is two things. I know there is plenty of resource on here about these things but I am struggling to work out what pairs very well with the B2 Dusks, even if something is independently well reviewed:

First, a portable USB-C DAC to go with the IEMs. I currently have my eye on the Moondrop Dawn on the assumption that there will be good synergy between the components from the same manufacturer. I could be persuaded to spend more if there is something which works really well with the B2 Dusks (perhaps up to $150).

Second, a 2-pin 4.4mm balanced cable for the B2 Dusks assuming that there is one which is a worthwhile upgrade, and assuming also that the DAC I end up with has the facility for a 4.4mm input. I think the Dawn (if that is the chosen one) can come either 3.5mm or 4.4mm but I know some DACs have the facility for both.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back