Recommendations for Metal/Rock
Mar 3, 2008 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Motts

New Head-Fier
I've been trying to wade through the forums to find out what many consider to be their favorite headphones for Metal & Rock. So far, the only thing I have found is people like Grados.

What I'm looking for is to purchase a nice pair of IEMs with Sound Isolation. I would also like to purchase of a pair of closed back headphones. My first purchase, however will be IEMs.

Let me just list a few bands that I enjoy. Hopefully, I can get some good recommendations on some IEMS (up to $500).

I like to listen to Aerosmith, Scorpions, Led Zeppelin, Arch Enemy, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, AC/DC, KillSwitch Engage. I occasionally listen to some classical, trace, & pop. Mostly though, Hard Rock / Heavy Metal.

I was interested in the Sure SE420s for a time although I never had the opportunity to try them. I've also thought about some of the Klipsch, Westone UM2s, & Ultimate Ears.

I know that I need to try them to ultimately make my own decision, but I would greatly appreciate some feedback on what others have heard for this type of music for IEM & even regular headphones. Thanks in advance.

Mar 3, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 2
I use a Grado SR225 for home and an SF5 Pro for portable. Both sound great with rock and I am satisfied with them for now. For $500 you can probably find something nicer than the SF5 Pro, maybe a custom or something. When I upgrade from mine, I will be going custom. Check out my last.fm to see my music tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back