Recommendations for low volume PCB fabrications
Feb 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #17 of 19

I looked at Tangent's layout, it'll easily fit into 10*15cm, but ATM it's in ExpressPCB format, you need to get it into gerber format, then you can do minor modifications in GCPrevue, move the mounting holes in a bit, draw a 10*15 board edge. Here's a link to software which claims to convert ExpressPCB 2 gerber:- http://www.robotroom.com/CopperConnection/Converting-Express-PCB-Files.html

w

Thank you I'll look into that. At the very least I could learn how to use eagle and redraw it.
  Let's cut to the chase. If you download the files for the PPAv2, you can easily shave off 1cm from the top (or from the bottom if you wire the pots offboard). Then, you can order from the links given by wakibaki. For example at Itead Studio, 5 pieces of the same 10x15cm pcb are only 45$ + shipping. 9$ a piece thus and you can easily find other diyers to share some of the costs I guess. Seed has similar pricing. The PPA is all through hole and is a piece of cake to manufacture, so there shouldn't be any problems.

Thank you for this. In fact I bet I could get some interest in a super hq headamp locally and just build the other boards and sell it...then I might even have enough money for another amp :wink:

Feb 26, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #18 of 19
I think you can order the low volume PCB fabrications from China,because the price is reasonable and the quality is good too. such as wonderful PCB and PCB cart is a good choice.Hope can help you 

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #19 of 19
  I've gotten into building headphone amps recently starting with a CMoy for its simplicity and cheapness. I am pleased with my CMoy and I have managed to add a variable bass boost circuit to it and organize it a bit better than I had originally. In spite of all of this, I want better :) I saw the article about the PPA v2 amplifier on Tangent's site and aimed for this to be my ultimate project. Unfortunately this project requires 2 PCBs to be custom fabbed and it seemed that the cheapest I could get this on ExpressPCB was around $150 (2 boards of different designs not 2 of the same one [batt board and amp board]) this didnt seem right....The main cost to me seemed that it should be the IC components...not the board itself.

So to get to the point of this post if anyone has experience with custom PCBs and knows where I can get single boards cheaply please let me know (I would preferably want a fab that could turn it around in less than a month)

I would preferably want a fab that could turn it around in less than a month---you mean it will take you a nearly month from the order you made to the time you got that boards? Then it is really toooooo long. In fact, for simple boards with with small quantity, 3-4 days is ok, after 3-5 days shipping, then it will be going to your hands. two boards, if it is less than 5*5cm, 5pcs each, i think $80 could be ok, the shipping cost usually about $30, so totally about $110 with 10 days to your hands.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back