Recommendations for Klipsch X10 & SE530's
Jan 18, 2009 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

thechungster

1000+ Head-Fier
First of all, I apologise for being all nooby and asking so many questions but I really am stuck for choice.
I have brought my final choice to the X10's and the SE530's
X10's @£170
SE530's @ £210 (Without PTH), £230 (With PTH)
But thing is I am not sure which to get. Are there any users that can compare the SQ, comfort, soundstage etc... Also, I would like someone to upload a pic of the X10's in someone's ear. I want to see how they look when it is in the ear.

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of all, I apologise for being all nooby and asking so many questions but I really am stuck for choice.
X10's @£170
But thing is I am not sure which to get. Are there any users that can compare the SQ, comfort, soundstage etc... Also, I would like someone to upload a pic of the X10's in someone's ear. I want to see how they look when it is in the ear.

X10 are the most comfy iem's I've tried. In terms of sq I think se530 edge x10, but x10 are much cheaper. And x10 just disappear in one's ear, you don't see much sticking out of the ear. Anyway, I sent you PM...

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

X10's @£170

What is your musical preference? All I know is the Shure SE530's are "mid-range" kings in the IEM world. The highs for the Shure SE530's are are bit rolled off and less detailed in the highs then other IEM's so classical or orchestra music wont be good for these phones. The bass for the Shure SE530's are amazing they get very low and accurate not muddy bloated bass, the bass hits hard with these phones to the point where you feel the impact in your head. The Shure SE530's are great with all types of musical genres except classical music and orchestra's because their lack in highs. The Shure SE530's really shine in rock, jazz, and audio books.

The sound stage of the Shure SE530's are very expansive to the point where I can feel where each instrument is. Sometimes the sound stage is so expansive when I'm listening to songs and someone just says something in the song randomly I'll turn around thinking I heard something behind me in real life, lol.

The comfort of the Shure SE530's is probably the best in the universal IEM world. The earphones flush with your ear so they stick out like the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro. The foam sleeves included with the Shure SE530's blocks out noise very well and is very comfortable.

Also the Shure SE530's is a very EQable earphone because it really doesn't distort when you EQ it. So you can specifically EQ the highs for the Shure SE530's and the rolled of issue will be fixed.

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Shure SE530's really shine in rock, jazz, and audio books.

se530 shines in audiobooks. that's cute!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I bought my $400 IEM for a better SQ in audiobooks, and that rocks!!

seriously, I won't do that.
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Wang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
se530 shines in audiobooks. that's cute!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I bought my $400 IEM for a better SQ in audiobooks, and that rocks!!

seriously, I won't do that.
biggrin.gif

Audio books is primarily "mid-range" in the sound spectrum. Any musical genre where "mid-range" is a key factor the Shure SE530's will dominate any other IEM in.

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio books is primarily "mid-range" in the sound spectrum. Any musical genre where "mid-range" is a key factor the Shure SE530's will dominate any other IEM in.

Lolll it doesn't MATTER what headphones you use audio books for, as long as there IS a midrange.

Jan 18, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lolll it doesn't MATTER what headphones you use audio books for, as long as there IS a midrange.

Well duuuh! But the Shure SE530 will reveal a lot more detail or background noises in the studio room which may be annoying.

Jan 18, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #9 of 15
I'd get Klipsch because my Custom 3 which competes with Shures Se310 destroys them with SQ, comfort, and soundstage.

But you are in Europe, so you can get Senn IE8 for cheap too.

Jan 18, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd get Klipsch because my Custom 3 which competes with Shures Se310 destroys them with SQ, comfort, and soundstage.

But you are in Europe, so you can get Senn IE8 for cheap too.

You are comparing the SE310's to the Custom 3's, whilst I want some opinions of the X10's and thr SE530's...

Jan 18, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #11 of 15
Well knowing that the Shure Se310 can't compete with my Klipsch which it should be competing with... So the Shure Se530 maybe better then the Image though because they don't compete. The Image are cheaper and are not triple driver technology. A triple driver has it easier to have better sound quality.

However I'd go for Klipsch Image, because they are so damn comfortable, but you have an advantage where you live and should get the SENN IE8, if you don't like them review them, and return them. They are cheaper overseas then in the States.

Jan 18, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well knowing that the Shure Se310 can't compete with my Klipsch which it should be competing with... So the Shure Se530 maybe better then the Image though because they don't compete. The Image are cheaper and are not triple driver technology. A triple driver has it easier to have better sound quality.

However I'd go for Klipsch Image, because they are so damn comfortable, but you have an advantage where you live and should get the SENN IE8, if you don't like them review them, and return them. They are cheaper overseas then in the States.

I heard the IE's are for the bassheads. I want a balanced one, and the SE530's do sound right for me. Good bass, awesome mid, and rolled off treble.

Jan 19, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

I heard the IE's are for the bassheads. I want a balanced one, and the SE530's do sound right for me. Good bass, awesome mid, and rolled off treble.

Se530 aren't balanced, you want balance you are looking at Triple.fi by Ultimate Ears, or Ety ER4

Jan 19, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #14 of 15
the x10's are more comfortable than the se530, but IMO the 530's have better overall sound than the x10's.

Quote:

The Shure SE530's really shine in rock, jazz, and audio books.

and they work well with audiobooks hehe

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #15 of 15
IMO Shure's will not dissapoint you, every IEM has its pros and cons and thats why everyone agrees there is no #1 best IEM, but from the two your looking at i have listened to both and i was so impressed with the SQ of the SE530's i bought some. good luck and i hope you enjoy your purchase and audiobooks lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back