Recommendations for IEM's
Apr 24, 2014 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

japaul32

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, 

I'm looking to purchase a new set of IEMs as I've managed to lose my pair of Shure SE215's :frowning2:
I've been doing a bit of research as to what I think would suit my musical tastes.  I've been looking at the Vsonic GR06/07, as well as another pair of SE215's.  I have a Fiio E07k portable amp if that makes a difference.  Basically what I'm looking for is comfort, as these will be used for night time listening before bed.  Warmth, tight base and good sound stage.  I listen to just about everything (EDM, Folk, Jazz, Classical, Instrumental scores, Hip Hop, etc...)

I've seen a few people suggest the TDK BA200s.  I just don't like the flanged tips they have.  So that would be one thing I'd like to stay away from.  I prefer the foam tips as they have more of a fitted feel. 

Again choices thus far are the Vsonic GR06/07, SE215.  If you guys can give me a couple more recommendations, it would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Edit:  My source will be my Nexus5 connected to the E07K. Derp.  I forgot to mention my budget.  I'd like to keep it under $200, around $150 would be perfect. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 26
Hi,

VSonic GR07 seem to be a very good pick!
You should also read about Rockit R50 and DUNU DN1000.

Best Luck!

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 26
Thanks for the reply!

I'm seriously considering the GR07.  So far I've only been able to find the classic in stock. I've been eyeing the R50 as well.  Those D1000's are a bit out of my price range, sadly. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 26
I decided to give the Torque T103z a try.  They were on sale at my local shop.  Going through reviews they seem to compare well to the GR07/GR07BE.  Also I find being able to adjust the sound signature to be interesting. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 26
Have you tried looking at Monster Miles Davis Trumpets? They have excellent bass like the SE215's, but more controlled mids and slightly recessed highs. Great for all genres of music. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #6 of 26
  Have you tried looking at Monster Miles Davis Trumpets? They have excellent bass like the SE215's, but more controlled mids and slightly recessed highs. Great for all genres of music. 

I've not.  This is actually the first time I've ever heard of that model.  I'll take a look into that as well. Thank you! 

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #7 of 26
  I've not.  This is actually the first time I've ever heard of that model.  I'll take a look into that as well. Thank you! 

Really? That's surprising... they got a lot of media attention because of their design which looks really cool... 

Btw I have/have had over 30 pairs of IEM's (including 4 cIEM's) and can honestly say the Monster Miles Davis Trumpet is in my top 5, especially for its current price on amazon.

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #8 of 26
  Really? That's surprising... they got a lot of media attention because of their design which looks really cool... 

Btw I have/have had over 30 pairs of IEM's (including 4 cIEM's) and can honestly say the Monster Miles Davis Trumpet is in my top 5, especially for its current price on amazon.

I think it's because I always put off a lot of Monster products.  Especially when it was Monster Beats. I wasn't very impressed by those products.  I've heard good things about the turbine's, aside from build quality.  I'll give them a look.  Thanks again. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #9 of 26
LOL I used to be like you (I hated on Monster too, cuz of the Beats trend and their overpriced cables ugh.) until I auditioned the Monster Turbine Pro Gold/MDTributes/MDTrumpets. Those are about the only good headphones Monster makes. 

Don't get the original Turbines, they suck in all aspects except for bass. If you're going to go that route, get the Turbine Pro Coppers. But I'd still recommend the Miles Davis Trumpet over the Turbine Pros.

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #11 of 26
I'll sell you my tf10s with an upgraded cable for $200 or so
biggrin.gif
. No foam tips cause those are nasty to sell used.

That'd be in my top 5 universals also. -- Monster MDT, UE TF10, AKG K3003i, Westone W4R, and (surprisingly) the Shure SCL4.

What kinda upgraded cable? 

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #13 of 26
Where were you two days ago!? 

I should've checked up on this thread sooner. :|

Oh well.  I have good suggestions for my purchase down the road.  I'm going to set some money aside for a better pair of IEM's. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back