Recommendations for IEM and Headphone
Dec 4, 2020 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kai2409

New Head-Fier
Hi I’m quite new with audiophile. I have always loved listening to EDM, classical music and Titanic theme type of the songs.
Where the vocals and instrument is in the focus and big sound image.

Recently I got Jabra Elite 75 active earbuds that atm does good enough job for EDM for now. So I was considering buying iem or head phone for my OST/BGM music, classical, titanic song type. Here is some examples of OST/BGM: and

So my question is if I am listening to these times of music. Would my sound signature mean Orchestra? If not, do you guys know what it is called and what IEM or headphone you recommend? I’m willing to pay 660 dollars but I’m willing to pay more depending on choices I have in my country where they can offer to pay every month. And any dac rec? I’m willingly pay 300 dollars or more depending with if I can pay monthly down.

Regards Kai

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 7
hi i don't really know the sound signature that you mean. But i my self just got a pair of hifiman he560 for about 400$ second hand. i very much recommend it, it's neutral and very colorful headphone. i think you'll like it. or if you want to try iem, audeze isine 10 with chiper cable is my recommendation. the isine have a build in dac amp in the chiper cable, so you won't need to think about dac anymore, you can just play it from your phone. as for he560, i use mine with jds ol dac that i got for only 100$ and arcam rhead for 250$.

Dec 6, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 7
hi i don't really know the sound signature that you mean. But i my self just got a pair of hifiman he560 for about 400$ second hand. i very much recommend it, it's neutral and very colorful headphone. i think you'll like it. or if you want to try iem, audeze isine 10 with chiper cable is my recommendation. the isine have a build in dac amp in the chiper cable, so you won't need to think about dac anymore, you can just play it from your phone. as for he560, i use mine with jds ol dac that i got for only 100$ and arcam rhead for 250$.

Ok thanks! I will try to find one to try then!

Dec 6, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 7
That choice of music... are you one of my people! I would also like to recommend you for the headphone, the Audio Technica Air Dynamic Series Open Air, either ATH AD900x or ATH AD1000x. These choices have huge sound stage something that is a MUST in your music genres. The only concern is whether you like WARM signature or not.

Dec 11, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 7
That choice of music... are you one of my people! I would also like to recommend you for the headphone, the Audio Technica Air Dynamic Series Open Air, either ATH AD900x or ATH AD1000x. These choices have huge sound stage something that is a MUST in your music genres. The only concern is whether you like WARM signature or not.

Haha that nice to hear xD! What would you define difference between warm and not?

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #6 of 7
Haha that nice to hear xD! What would you define difference between warm and not?
Warm. Well imagine many cellos, when the bows get in touched with the strings, it give more stresses sounding, soothing and a little bit of spice. And of course bass is deep with slight friction. For Orchestra music it give you somewhat an illusions that there are a bit more intruments than it originally is, especially the violins. The stresses effect is likely what make that illusion which add more flavours, which is a plus for orchestra music.
Well thats how it was with my Ath Ad900x and it's the warmest headphone I have ever listen to.( Ath Ad1000x is less warmer and more accurate and overall abit better i heard).
You need to personally experience it whether you like the warm flavour.
Check this as reference: https://headphonesaddict.com/sound-signatures/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back