Recommendations for headphones?
Nov 5, 2004 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

sunlapse

New Head-Fier
I probably want to get closed headphones as I use them on long car rides (with other people listening on car speakers). Portability is not an issue as I'll be using them in home and in the car. I mainly listen to rock and jazz with some classical thrown in here and there. I hear the Sennheiser HD280 Pros are good. Any thoughts?
3000smile.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #5 of 13
I'm not extremely worried about isolation, but I certainly don't want open headphones. What do you mean that tha 280s are analytical? Which canalphones would you recommend?

Nov 5, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunlapse
I'm not extremely worried about isolation, but I certainly don't want open headphones. What do you mean that tha 280s are analytical? Which canalphones would you recommend?

100? Shure E2c.

I dont know how the Westone UM-1 does...but its also in your price range.

Nov 5, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #11 of 13
I would say go canalphones, they will isolate better then closed phones if this is your main purpose. The ER-6i is a fine choice.

Nov 6, 2004 at 1:42 PM Post #13 of 13
As I said before, isolation is not my main purpose but rather the best sound quality for jazz and rock music coming out of an iPod. I'm thinking I will get the HD-280s or the ER-6i's (are the Shure E2's better or comparable than these?). Which of these has a better soundstage? Are there any other comparisons between them that I should know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back