Recommendations for headphones
Jan 25, 2016 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ordnaela

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking of buying either the Sennheiser CX 300 or the JBL J33i do any of you have experience on these headphones? or what other in ear headphones would you recommend?

Also I'm looking at wireless headphones, can any of you recommend any good ones? I'm looking at the JBL Synchros E50Bt or PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ 

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 5
  I'm thinking of buying either the Sennheiser CX 300 or the JBL J33i do any of you have experience on these headphones? or what other in ear headphones would you recommend?

Also I'm looking at wireless headphones, can any of you recommend any good ones? I'm looking at the JBL Synchros E50Bt or PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ 

CX300? That is ancient and rather mediocre with bloated bass. For under $15, the Soundmagic ES18 or Panasonic HJE450 are quite decent. If you are willing to spend more, there are other choices. J33i? $99????? The J33a got around the same rating on Amazon and is 1/4 the price.  Are you looking for something with exaggerated bass or more neutral sounding? How much are you willing to spend? Do you want it with a mic and a remote?

For around $50 the Mee M6 pro is very popular. It comes with two cables, one with mic mic and remote, and one without. I haven't heard it. It is said to be rather neutral.

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm willing to spend $99 for the in ear headphones. I just saw these two in the mac store from where I live I like a neutral sound where the bass is not overpowering but is present when needed.

For the wireless headphones I haven't had experience with them so im looking for suggestions. 

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 5
Wireless headphones? Why? Bluetooth decreases the sound quality substantially. It doesn't seem worth it. Perhaps in another 10 or 20 years bluetooth might get good enough.

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 5
Not to try and hijack or anything, but can anyone recommend a pair of headphones equal to or better than the xb500s? I loved everything about these, but I cant see paying 300 for them to replace 5 year old headphones. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back