recommendations for headphones (100-150$ range)
Nov 12, 2014 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

frenz1k

New Head-Fier
Basically, I want something not too expensive to replace my old a700 with a broken right earcup. I liked the fact that they were closed. 
I typically play games on the ps3/pc and listen to music/movies. Ive always heard gaming headsets were bad (i.e Steelseries, razer)

I've done a little research and found a few models on amazon.ca in my price range that I would be interested in:

Shure SRH440
Audio Technica ATH-M40
Sennheiser HD518
AKG k240                                          

(unless u guys have better suggestion for price/quality)

I dont know anything on the technical jargon in headphones though so your help would be greatly appreciated.
P.s. I dont want to buy used headphones

Thanks for your help!!

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 5
Eeek, honestly having tried and owned those headphones listed i think theyre all pretty mediocre and some just awful. I assume youre not talking about the M40x? In which case its not bad but comfort is not great and it isnt good for gaming methinks. Id steer you towards the Takstar Pro80 if you want closed back, should be well within your price range. Or if you dont mind open headphones(that leak noise, but also tend to work better for gaming) then the HD558 is a very good headphone a cut above the 518.

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 5
The Audio-Technica ATH-M50 is around $130 only. This should be better than M40x.

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #4 of 5
I'm in the same boat as you, and have taken an interest into beyerdynamic's custom one pros. I don't know if you've checked them out yet, but from what I've read they sound very similar to the m50, but also you can buy detachable cable that allows you to use a mic as well. It's around $150 on massdrop and sonic I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back