Recommendations for "fun" sounding IEM in Japan or Korea?
Jul 10, 2016 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Appogee

New Head-Fier
Hey there guys! Next week, or rather this Wednesday, I'll be traveling to Japan for two weeks, then Korea after that for another two weeks. I decided that I'd take this opportunity to maybe splurge, as a music lover but maybe not an audiophile. I'd say for myself, I'm looking for bang for the buck more than like spending over $200. I'd like to stay below $150.

So far I've looked around and there's so many headphones out there. I mean I heard about e-earphones and their used selection. I saw this used pair of SONY MDR-EX800ST for $110. I've heard good things about them but I don't want to jump to a quick decision.

To give you guys an idea I had RHA MA750's and didn't really like them. For the longest time, I had a pair of GR06's that I actually really liked but maybe wished they had a little more kick in the bass. I do like bass, but not so much that it becomes undetailed and all a blur of sub-bass. Somewhere in between would be nice. I had DN-1000's but those kind of seemed a little boring, I don't know why I just didn't find them that great unfortunately. Then I recently got the Puro Sound Lab IEM500's and really liked those but just hated the cable. Unfortunately on my recent drive up to Canada, I misplaced them, haha.

Anyways, I listen to a lot of R&B. Both old school (like Usher) and new school (William Singe, PARTYNEXTDOOR, Drake or if you know K.Pop, Dean, Crush and Jay Park). I do on occasion listen to some EDM, but I guess with EDM's popularity it has also meshed into Pop as well. So that's just an idea of the music I mainly like.

Hopefully I can get some help for some headphones I could get abroad! Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Comfort and sound isolation is a huge plus and so is aesthetics, I can appreciate a unique or just nicely crafted pair of IEMs. That's one reason I wasn't too sure about the MDR-EX800ST's. I do want to look exclusively at IEMs.

I've also considered the GR07 Bass Edition but I wanted to see if I could be a little different in my choice or off the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back