Recommendations for Fiio Q1 Mkii upgrade
Jun 12, 2019 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

maggiesbrother

100+ Head-Fier
Hi - interested in upgrading from my current Fiio Q1 Mkii DAC/amp. I initially bought bc I was looking for something portable and iPhone compatible, but I really only use it at my desk with a laptop, so the rechargeable internal battery, portability etc isn't that necessary. Hoping to get something that's a decent upgrade in sound quality if portability isn't an issue. Have a very good desktop setup for my home stereo so this is just to have at the office.

Using with denon mm400 and source is windows laptop. Prefer something used to save money - fulla 2? Schiit stack?

Thanks

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 7
thanks for the reply. Yes - not looking for a lot of power so probably more for a better/more refined DAC with an amp rather than a more powerful combo. Since portability isn't an issue any longer, should I be looking at separates like the Schiit magni/modi or am I still better off going with a combo unit? Thanks

Jun 12, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #4 of 7
A better and more refined dac with an amp than the Q1 MKII. Sorry haven’t heard it but not for sure you can get what you want at the used Fulla 2 budget.

Jun 12, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 7
Sorry for any misunderstanding, not looking for something at the price point of a used Schiit Fulla. Just looking for some suggestions for an upgrade from the the Q1 Mkii from people that have heard a number of DAC/amp units or stack combos like the Schiit stack. Thanks

Jun 13, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #6 of 7
Rather than leaving open-end, some of the units i've been thinking are the massdrop CTH + sdac, massdrop O2 + sdac, schiit stack (magni/modi), and Audio GD compass. PurpleAngel suggested the Topping DX3, but this is a bluetooth unit, correct?

Given that these cans are easy to drive, so assuming power isn't an issue, if anyone has experience with the sound and/or build quality of the above units, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Jun 13, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #7 of 7
Rather than leaving open-end, some of the units I've been thinking are the Massdrop CTH + sdac, Massdrop O2 + sdac, Schiit stack (Magni/Modi), and Audio GD compass. PurpleAngel suggested the Topping DX3, but this is a Bluetooth unit, correct?
The Topping DX3 Pro is a DAC/head amp with USB & optical & coaxial inputs, Bluetooth is just one of the options that it comes with.
And the DX3 Pro comes with dual DAC chip:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back