recommendations for entry level cd deck
Feb 19, 2006 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sant430

500+ Head-Fier
Right now I'm using a laserdisc player as my source (Panasonic LX-101) and I'm thinking I may be able to do a little better (I may be wrong, I don't know). My portable rig is a Rio Karma or my X5 60gb and my primary headphone amp right now is Xin's SM 3.0ver6. My headphones are woodified sr225's, recabled HD580's, DT770/80s, and SF5Pros.

I'd like to get something relatively decent around the $150 - $300 range that will work with my amp/can setup. I'm looking to get some new headphones, and I'm going to be looking at/researching the home amps very soon too, so I'd like to get something that will give me room to grow. I'd like to stay away from modded decks tho'....course, I don't think I can even get a modded deck in the price range i mentioned

Any ideas??

Feb 19, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 3
I'd suggest the used market - I've seen the original Rega Planet, various Rotel models (eg 971, etc), Cambridge, and some older CAL players.

I'm actually thinking of one in that range for myself to use with my headphone system.

Feb 19, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 3
Until now, I had forgotten that I've got a Sharp DV-NC80 vhs/dvd combo that isn't being used. After getting it out and putting it into my loop, I think it's a little bit better than the LX-101.

I'm still keeping my eyes open tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back