Recommendations for entry level 3 meter RCA cables for active speakers
Mar 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

auee

100+ Head-Fier
I will need about 3 meter RCA terminated interconnect cables between my preamp and Adam A3X powered speakers for desktop use. My setup dictates that the distance from the left speaker to the preamp will require about a 9 foot cable. The right will be much closer, but I understand that the cable lengths should be equal. What are the least expensive fully shielded cables that will not compromise the sound of these excellent speakers? I know I need to compromise because of cost, but I am hopeful that some company makes entry level cables that will be acceptable.

Thanks for the help.

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 4
Blue Jeans Cable makes a great shielded interconnect, the LC-1. 9 ft. pair for $40.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #4 of 4
There's also Monoprice (their "premium" cables are shielded RG-59 or RG-6); I've had hit or miss luck with getting bum cables, but it's never been worth it to pay the return shipping (they usually charge a dollar or two per cable). I know Radio Shack, at least back in the days before they were a cellphone store, sold some shielded RCA cables with various names like "Gold Series" or "Premium A/V" for reasonable prices as well (I happen to be using such a cable to hook up my headphone amp). No idea if they still do, but might also be worth a look.

If you want to go more nuts than that, there's always AudioQuest (which kind of redefines "overkill" when it comes to shielding). From what you're describing though, you're probably going to be splitting an RCA pair (it sounds like you want singles), so you might want to contact them and see if they can do that (most of their RCA cables are commonly bound in heatshrink). Not saying it's absolutely worth the money, but they're certainly shielded! :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back