Recommendations for Electronica?
Jun 21, 2008 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Pikachoa

Head-Fier
Can anyone recommend some good Euro-trance, house, etc type music? This has been lacking in my library and I want to listen to more of it, but I just don't know any good DJ's, artists, or groups out there in this field.
Thanks. :]

Jun 23, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 14
Awesome, I'll definitely look into all of your suggestions. Thanks a bunch!

In addition, can you guys also name DJ's that are more into the synth type of electronica? It's hard to describe; less aggressive and more fluid, I guess? It doesn't even have to be lyrical.

For example: YouTube - East Clubbers - Beat Is Coming

Jun 23, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #6 of 14
Ooo. I do like. :]

I stumbled upon another eletronica-based question on the boards and went to: Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music | New Home on Techno.org for the many, MANY different genres in electronic.

Apparently, according to their charts (and what I grew up listening to), I like: House - Anthem
Trance - Goa
Trance - Anthem
Hardcore - Trancecore

Thank you everyone for helping me.

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #7 of 14
I dont know if this qualifies specifically as electronica but try Metro Station and Medic Droid.

for Trance I would definitely get some DJ Doboy although I wouldn't know where to find it in any lossless format, only found it using a certain software that rhymes with the word "RhymeTire"
rolleyes.gif

for some good house(disco-house) from the UK google Hed Kandi and go to their site, you can listen to samples.

Hope this helps

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #8 of 14
I'd recommend finding some compilation CD's that include various different DJ's and artist to see what you like. It's a good way to get some variety to start finding out what DJ's/artist's you prefer.

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #9 of 14
If you want Hardcore, I have a couple guys to listen to:

Hixxy
Scott Brown
Force & Styles
Anabolic Frolic

Check them out. They are my favorites in the sub-genre of "Happy Hardcore" so you may be interested in them.

Jun 26, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #10 of 14
It may not be exactly the kind of electronica you're looking for but I'm absolutely loving friskyRadio. They're consistently airing good electronic dance music.
If you're looking for particular artists, just go to Pandora. Start off with a particular artist or song you like and it will continue playing similar music. You can get all the info you need on the tracks being played.

Jun 26, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by FiNoobie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try Metro Station and Medic Droid.

Dude, if you haven't, check out Hercules and Love Affair, diskJokke, The Studio, along with Lindstrøm. I don't know what is happening in Norway, but they're swingin' disco over there big time.

Drop some more joints if you drop back by please. I don't think this subject relates to the OP, but I love Neo-disco.

Jun 26, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #14 of 14
Recommendations in here so far are pretty terrible. How can you be aware of the importance of sound quality (you're in head-fi after all) and recommend **** like Boys Noize.

Try Gui Boratto - Chromophobia or D-nox & Beckers - Left Behind for some house.

Try Tipper - Relish the Trough for some nu-school breaks

Try The Misted Muppet - From the Legend for Psytrance/Goa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back