Recommendations for detailed, analytical IEM (~$500)
Sep 13, 2023 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ehfuu459

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone.

I am looking to upgrade from my Final Audio F7200 IEMs, but frankly, I'm not sure what the options are without having to jump right up to the kilobucks range. Would like to just canvas recommendations from the net for something beneath the kilobucks range. (If I really should know about something in that range though, please do tell. I once egged a friend into splurging on the Final A8000s, and now they're trying to get me to do the same...)

My preferences lean towards detailed and analytical. Soundstage is a great plus. Tuning-wise, I'd prefer something relatively flat (nothing too bassheady or treble-earpick-shouty or egregiously-recessed-mids), but I wouldn't mind having some colour.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 15, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 5
I've had a bunch recently for the business. The standouts where the Seeaudio Yume 2 for soundstage and just needed a 1k 3db boost to bring up vocals a little.
Moondrop Starfield is great all around for daily use with no eq.
Sennheiser ie600 for imaging and detail, but not a big soundstage.So small and comfortable though. Simgot EA500 is what I use daily, value for money and 2 nozzles make it versatile. I wouldn't EQ those either, good out of the box.

Sep 16, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #3 of 5
If you can adjust to the comfort, Etymotic ER4 might be of interest. The ER4SE is on the flatter side while the ER4XR takes the SE and adds just a little bit of low end.

Sep 24, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #4 of 5
I've had a bunch recently for the business. The standouts where the Seeaudio Yume 2 for soundstage and just needed a 1k 3db boost to bring up vocals a little.
Moondrop Starfield is great all around for daily use with no eq.
Sennheiser ie600 for imaging and detail, but not a big soundstage.So small and comfortable though. Simgot EA500 is what I use daily, value for money and 2 nozzles make it versatile. I wouldn't EQ those either, good out of the box.
I got the IE600 to replace my lost IE80 (which I loved), at first I did not think it was a big upgrade, but over time as I acquired more hifi gear I circled back to the IE600. It is definitely a good IEM that gives a lot of definition without too much color, the comfort is off the charts and I am finding that in both IEMs and Headphones comfort is an important factor (I also have the giant sized Solaris which are fiddly to get a good fit/seal).

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 5
I got the IE600 to replace my lost IE80 (which I loved), at first I did not think it was a big upgrade, but over time as I acquired more hifi gear I circled back to the IE600. It is definitely a good IEM that gives a lot of definition without too much color, the comfort is off the charts and I am finding that in both IEMs and Headphones comfort is an important factor (I also have the giant sized Solaris which are fiddly to get a good
Hello everyone.

I am looking to upgrade from my Final Audio F7200 IEMs, but frankly, I'm not sure what the options are without having to jump right up to the kilobucks range. Would like to just canvas recommendations from the net for something beneath the kilobucks range. (If I really should know about something in that range though, please do tell. I once egged a friend into splurging on the Final A8000s, and now they're trying to get me to do the same...)

My preferences lean towards detailed and analytical. Soundstage is a great plus. Tuning-wise, I'd prefer something relatively flat (nothing too bassheady or treble-earpick-shouty or egregiously-recessed-mids), but I wouldn't mind having some colour.

Thanks in advance.
Flatest iem i know of in that price range is softears studio 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back