Recommendations for comfortable IEM for listening in bed
Feb 18, 2024 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

elderbank

New Head-Fier
Currently have the moondrop Kato for in bed listening and they are pretty comfortable and can listen to them sleeping sideways. Also have moondrop blessing 2 dusk and they are not as comfy sideways.. so question is if there are any similar sounding IEMs to Kato that are small enough for in bed listening?

Feb 18, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #3 of 14
Sennheiser ie 600/900

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 14
I sleep with the IE900 every night. When I travel, I sleep with IE300. I also don’t know how they sound compared to yours, but you really can’t go wrong with either depending on budget.

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 14
Tripowin TC-01 and Penon Vortex

Feb 21, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #6 of 14
Rai penta

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #7 of 14
Thanks for the recommendations. I did try IE600 since they are on sale right now and they are definitely more resolving and perhaps has a wider stage but compared to kato and blessing 2 dusk i feel like the vocals are just muted/ recessed.. with ie600 i know i can hear the nuances and the technical details specially compared to Kato but feels like analyzing the song rather than enjoying it.. same thing with Blessing 2 dusk.. i feel the gap is even narrower.. maybe its due to the ecosystem.. my car stereo has a similar sound signature to kato and my 2.2 setup with Kef R3 also sounds similar.. some experts may say i like muddy music :).. but honestly I had struggled the same way with Moondrop variation when I wanted a second pair after Kato and then landed up with blessings 2D (thank god I found those).. now based on this can any suggested anything else maybe looking at the graphs..

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #10 of 14
Will they be a step up? Katos are fine but wondering if there is anything better and comfy.. i know monarch mk2 is not comfy but may try it out
Definitely not Monarch mk2 if specifically for bed listening. I have Mk3 which is supposedly better ergonomically but they are still both huge.

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #11 of 14
Will they be a step up? Katos are fine but wondering if there is anything better and comfy.. i know monarch mk2 is not comfy but may try it out
In terms of sound, I consider it to be on the same level as the Kato in terms of technical performance, perhaps with a more correct and balanced tuning in all aspects. IE200 is extremely light and small, it's literally a DD in a plastic shell, so light it looks like a toy.

I haven't tested anything as comfortable as this Sennheiser (listening to it in bed and it disappears in your ear); The IE600 and IE900 models are the same size but slightly heavier as they are made of metal.

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #14 of 14
Ikko OH10 -- great sound, very low profile in the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back