Recommendations for Closed-Back Heaphone under $300 for office
Mar 27, 2014 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

eonsend

Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi!

I've been browsing here for a while and used all of your excellent recommendations to build a home rig that I'm very happy with and now my office setup needs some updating.  At home I have Fiio e10 -> Little Dot MKII -> HD650 and at work I have Fiio E17 -> O2 -> Cosmic Ears HY3 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250 ohm.  

To my ears my dt770's are lagging a bit behind the HD650 and HY3's quality-wise, and while they're good headphones, I'd like to see if it's possible to get something a bit better.

I work in a quiet office so open-back is absolutely out of the question, and I really like the HY3's so IEM's are out too, leaving closed back.  My budget is $300 and it would be nice if whatever headphones I got would pair well with my O2 amp, since I don't want to replace it right now.

I've been leaning towards the Mad Dogs by MrSpeakers, though I'm unsure if the O2 can adequately drive them.

So send me your recommendations and gold nuggets of experience! Would the MD's pair well with the O2? Or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks!

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Are you planning on blasting your ears at work? I can't imagine that the O2 wouldn't drive the Mad Dogs to decent volumes, but that's a judgement call on what is enough volume.

Mar 27, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 6
For the price, the O2 amp drives them well. You shouldn't be worried. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 6
Mar 28, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #5 of 6
Any more suggestions? Or should I just go with the Mad Dogs?

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 6
well I went ahead an order the Mad dogs, they should arrive sometime today.  Hope they're good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back