Recommendations for circumaural headphones, similar sound to Heir Audio 8.A?
Mar 30, 2014 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

snappyaxolotl

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi,

After owning my pair of Sennheiser IE80s for some time, I was considering moving into customs before holding myself back. In the timeframe within, I got busier and gradually went on Head-Fi less and less until I nearly lost interest in using headphones.

Recently however, I've gotten more interested into headphones again, but this time I'm going after circumaural (full-size) headphones, as I feel a major difference when using full-size headphones compared to in-ear monitors. Furthermore, although the IE80 is nice for listening pleasure, it drops when it comes to gaming.

I'm willing to pay just under $300 USD for my full size headphones. I'd prefer open-air headphones opposed to closed-in, but I do not mind getting closed-in ones.

Usage will be primarily gaming (TON of Counter-Strike) and listening pleasure. Main sources will be my computer (Asus N53SV) and Sansa Clip+. I will use these on the go, and I do not care too much about isolation as I do need to pay attention to my background.

As of now, I am looking at the Audio-Technica MTH-AD700, Sennheiser G4ME One, and Logitech UE9000 

Looking forward to hearing experiences, comparisons, and advice! Thanks in advance to all the replies I receive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back