Recommendations for Bluetooth Cans (for a gift)
Nov 8, 2018 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jiddu

Head-Fier
This is going to be a gift for the sister, she is the typical average consumer that would just go in and pick up beats by Dre and be happy, if she had the money that is haha. I can't just get her beats by Dre though because she knows me, she'll know I would have put in 0 effort. The other trouble is I'm still rocking the HFI-780 from years ago and loving them so I have no clue what is out there or what is good.

Only thing I can think of right now is something from Focal, they look nice which matters in this situation. The reason I'm thinking Bluetooth is cause all the kids seem to love that crap but also I'm certain that mostly she'll just run it from her iPhone or whatever the hell she has nowadays and if it can't run full size phones well enough she'll think I bought her trash and she should've just gotten beats by dre, which I can't buy her for reasons explained earlier lol.

So suggestions are most welcome, I can look them up just drop me some brands and models even if you've never listened to them but heard/read that they are good. You will have great karma in return I promise! :)

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 9
Bose Quiet Comfort II 35, they have that Bose signature sound if you like it, smooth and unoffending with plenty of detail without being overbearing, and the bluetooth is flawless.

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 9
Hi @jiddu,

I would suggest looking into the Sony 1000 XM2/3, either one is good for your needs.
Good balanced sound with good bass response & excellent noise cancelling (if that is a preference) with good BT functionality.

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 9
I have the B&W PX and my wife has the Bose QC35II, I like the PX better (after about a week of burn in), Since this is a gift, IMHO, the PX would look and feel more 'premium'. Noise cancelling wise, the ANC on the Bose is better though.

Nov 13, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 9
Hi there here is my recommendation for you would be trying one of these:

For best sound get Sennheiser HD1
For best ANC Bose QC35II or Sony 1000XM3

And here two of the best sounding Bluetooth at the moment little bit over $400:

Bowers & Wilkins P7 wireless
B&O Beoplay H9i

Nov 29, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 9
Thanks guys.. a few of those are available at the shops locally where we are doing Christmas. I'll just take her down and have her try all of them. One pair I couldn't get locally is the Ultrasone 880 so I got them online, if she doesn't pick those I'll just keep them, I hope she doesn't like them because I totally love them, just not sure if the Bluetooth adapter is any good, still waiting on that.

Nov 30, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #8 of 9
Oh man those Bowers and Wilkins, gold and blue, for a girl.. those are THE ticket for sure.. and then I get to keep the Ultrasones for myself. And just like that I spent nearly a grand on headphones DOH!. This is why I love and hate this place LOL. However, thank you thank you thank you!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #9 of 9
The PX don't only look good, they have a really fun and enjoyable sound signature, they are well built, comfortable and are generally enjoyable to use.
And the Sony shouldn't appear in a post that has "good looking" as a criteria :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back