Recommendations for bass-heavy BT over-ear cans
Mar 24, 2017 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Disturbd1

New Head-Fier
Hello all :)

I have been a head-fi member for a number of years now, sort of coming and going, not spending my day-to-day here. So forgive me if the question I'm about to ask is old. I'd like to get opinion from more seasoned folk on a good pair of entry-level BT cans that pack a low end punch. I listen exclusively to rock, which I realize most don't necessarily associate with the "basshead" preference, but such is life. I've been doing some reading, the Ghostek GHOHP001 were touted as being pretty bass-heavy and have an excellent price tag. I would say that my ceiling here is ~$200, depending.

My humble thanks!

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 6
I am not a very experienced head-fi'er but I throw in my recommendation. The Audio-Technica ATH-S700BT. The sound from these headphones are punchy. They have just enough mids and do not overpower. Overall a warm and balanced sound signature. A truly stunning set of cans and one of the best over ear bluetooth headphones you can buy with amazing sound performance at this price. It is good value for money currently at amazon for $129.

Perhaps you will like it. As always you should audition before you decide. I think the ATH-S700BT is worth a look...

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 6
  I am not a very experienced head-fi'er but I throw in my recommendation. The Audio-Technica ATH-S700BT. The sound from these headphones are punchy. They have just enough mids and do not overpower. Overall a warm and balanced sound signature. A truly stunning set of cans and one of the best over ear bluetooth headphones you can buy with amazing sound performance at this price. It is good value for money currently at amazon for $129.

Perhaps you will like it. As always you should audition before you decide. I think the ATH-S700BT is worth a look...

+1

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 6
There seems to be a lot of commentary about the a lack of solid construction on the ATH-S700BT. Specifically that the Bluetooth fails or one side fails completely. It also doesn't seem as bass-heavy as I'm looking for.

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #5 of 6
I once tried the Sony MDRXB950BT and my impression was that they emphasize bass and still manage to maintain a balanced spectrum. They felt very comfortable and with good build quality for the price. I think they claim 20 hours of battery life. Perhaps you can try those out?

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 6
You might also look into the AKG K845BT. I believe it was more neutral than bass-emphasized, but it is still probably worth reading about, IMHO. I've only heard it very briefly, so I can't give you a full accounting of it. But still, it was a nice sounding BT can. Well-constructed, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back