Recommendations for an all-rounder, although primarily acoustic recordings around £200
Sep 30, 2020 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AdamUK

New Head-Fier
Hi all

Although I'm confused enough, I'm looking for further spanners in the works. I am looking for what I would describe as an all-rounder (around the £200 mark), although I do listen to primarily acoustic / jazz. I'd appreciate a wide soundstage, I love to sit and listen with my eyes closed and as a musician really appreciate to hear the little bits and pieces.

My background is:
Grado SR60i
Grado SR80i
ATH-M50s
AKG K550

I'm going to be sat at my home-office computer desk listening to these, I don't currently have an amp and they'd be powered by my onboard for now but I'd be open to suggestions for a desktop amp / dac (outside of this budget, but not something crazy priced!).

Can anyone who has the SRH1440 or has listened to these, give me a general opinion given the above? I've found a pair for £130 and I've had Shure IEM before and really enjoyed them? The K701 and K702 keeps popping up but I'm looking to widen the search.

Any recommendations deeply appreciated.

All the best

Adam

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 3
Give the Philips Fidelio X2HR a try. I love it. Excellent build quality, spacious soundstage, fun but never boomy bass, and engaging up-front sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back