Recommendations for a newb
Mar 12, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why not get the DT770's, if you liked them?

and I would suggest getting the Q40's, and trying them out

because the pads are part of the total design, in the sense that, you can have the best pads in the world, and still have no comfort, if the rest of the design doesn't mesh (and vice versa)

As you can see in the post below, I wasn't too impressed with the DT770s, sans the pads. They are also 140 on ebay. Right now the q40s are the same price, but they were 95 ish. The equations are cheaper and look to have the same characteristics as the Q40 and DT770, which is why I was asking about them.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #47 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As you can see in the post below, I wasn't too impressed with the DT770s, sans the pads. They are also 140 on ebay. Right now the q40s are the same price, but they were 95 ish. The equations are cheaper and look to have the same characteristics as the Q40 and DT770, which is why I was asking about them.

well, you heard the DT770's in a sub-prime scenario, and you haven't heard either the Equations or the M-Audio's, based on that, I'd probably say the DT770's are the best bet you've got currently

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #48 of 57
Even though I didn't like them, I should get them?
confused.gif

I'm probably going to try and get them tomorrow, need to do some negotiating. If I can get the DT770/Q40 then I will, but the RP-22x will be a fallback in case 140 is too much.

The Q40 and the DT770 are about the same price though. I know I've heard the DT770s, and didn't like them. I know that after a burn in and maybe even modding as well as just getting used to them, I will like them. But, the same could be true for the Q40s.

I'll dig through the Q40 thread and see if there are any comparisons and I'll ask if there aren't, cause I still don't know which to get.
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #50 of 57
weren't driving them right = need a amp?

I was using my iaudio 7 when I tried them, but it exploded the other day so I guess it'll be driven differently if I ever use them again.

I'm currently trying to get my Q5w to work again, its rated for "34mW + 34mW (with 16 Ohm Earphone)" back when it worked I used sparkplugs, and it was a bit on the quiet side compared to my 7. (which oddly enough, is only 26mw)

I don't know about negotiating headphones and a new mp3 player, that would be very tough. (Because I would have to get a D2 or something of the sort)

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #52 of 57
I think they had a few HP amps on display, but if I were to buy them I would have to get the amp as well. No use buying a headphone that only does well with a amp unless your buying a amp as well. (Which I probably won't be. Even if I did it would be a e5 at the most)

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #56 of 57
135 directly from amazon, 150 on ebay.

Can't seem to find anything about the return policy on amazon, probably because I'm doing it wrong somehow. :\

Gotta go to bed now, I'll be back to check the thread sometime this morning. Have a nice night.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #57 of 57
Well I managed to get Q40s and a E5. The DT770s were 200+ on amazon so I just couldn't do that. If the Q40s do indeed turn out to be junk then I should be able to return them and save up a bit for the DT770s, and I will have a amped source if I do end up getting them.

Stuff should be in around Wednesday, I'll post a review after I get them burned in I guess.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back