Recommendations for a new pair of headphones - work out a lot, listen to mostly metal.
Nov 25, 2016 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MEETmyARSENAL

Head-Fier
Hi there,

Trying to get the most value out of the best price. I don't want to go anywhere above $250-300 here.

I've had the V-Moda M-80 for over 4 years now, and they're wearing out. They've been pretty great, although I've always wanted something a bit better to use. 

It's time for an upgrade. 

I listen to mostly all metal. The genre dominates my musical preferences, so I obviously want one that's better with this genre. Very big focus here. If I'm not listening to metal, it's either edm, pop, or rap. Or classic rock, but iirc headphones good with metal are also good with rock, and vice versa, etc. 

My main use for these headphones is to listen to good music while I workout. Therefore, headphones need to be closed and can't leak large amounts of noise.

So, it looks like the two frontrunners for my purchase rn are the Sennheiser Momentum (2.0, over ear) and the V-Moda M-100. But I'm still having lots of trouble deciding. 

Any recommendations for the best headphone to get at or under $250/$300?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. 

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #3 of 3
You want a closed, over-ear headphone for working out? They are going to get very hot and covered in perspiration. Usually IEM's or on-ear are better for working out. The V-Moda M-80 is on-ear, so that's something to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back