Recommendations for a Mid-Range IEM for Classical Music with a Detachable Cable
Jan 30, 2012 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BingCrosby1903

New Head-Fier

Hi Guys,

I'm a HD 800 owner looking to get some reasonably good quality (mid-range) IEMs for portable usage.

Here are my requirements:

1. Detachable and replaceable cable because I will almost certainly break this.
  2. Neutral sound signature - something like the HD 600 signature and not quite as revealing as the HD 800s.
  3. Good isolation but not too much so I can still hear a bit of surrounds for safety purposes.
  4. Comfortable for an average ear size.

I live in Sydney and the range available is not so much to try, so I take your recommendations quite seriously. 

In addition, I might have to purchase online, and a recommendation for some online hifi stores with a good reputation that don't sell fakes would be much appreciated.

Looking foward to your recommendations,

Kind Regards,

Peter.

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 2
How about the Westone UM3X RC (removable cable version of the standard UM3X). I would say it's very comparable to the EarSonics SM3. It's far more neutral and detailed than the Westone series such as the Westone 4R which is too dark sounding for me. Coming from an HD800, I think you'll like the UM3X more since it's closer sonically. There's also the Shure SE series, all of which have detachable cables, however, I haven't heard any of their models, so I can't comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back