Recommendations for a Metalhead
Jan 20, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #16 of 50
I'll second the Mastodon, I'm not really huge into metal, but their latest release is both accessible and heavy.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #17 of 50

Quote:
I'll second the Mastodon, I'm not really huge into metal, but their latest release is both accessible and heavy.

I smiled, also

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #19 of 50
Jan 21, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #20 of 50
Daylight Dies, Garden Of Shadows, Gwynbleidd, Swallow The Sun...great, great bands.

...And it's plug time.  My band (see sig) does prog/doom-lite/melodic metal, influenced by Opeth, Katatonia, Sentenced, Porcupine Tree, Death, etc.  If this sort of thing isn't kosher, I can certainly edit.

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #23 of 50
Quote:
Daylight Dies, Garden Of Shadows, Gwynbleidd, Swallow The Sun...great, great bands.

...And it's plug time.  My band (see sig) does prog/doom-lite/melodic metal, influenced by Opeth, Katatonia, Sentenced, Porcupine Tree, Death, etc.  If this sort of thing isn't kosher, I can certainly edit.

The heavier albums of PT are Fear of a Blank Planet, Deadwing, and In Absentia.

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #24 of 50
I have PT's In Absentia (possibly my favorite rock, not metal, album ever), Deadwing, and Mastodon's Crack The Skye. I love em all 
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #26 of 50
Ooooh, I can't believe that I forgot OSI! I heartily  recommend (read: love) Blood and Free, and their first album (self-titled) is decent.

Jan 22, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #28 of 50
Have you checked out the latest from Burzum?
Belus it's called. Not super melodic, more black metal, but awesome none the less.

More viking stuff I can think of is Wardruna (acoustic melodic pagan metal), Borknager (more symphonic progressive viking metal) and Blóðtrú (pagan black metal)

If you ere to get just one of these it would have to be Wardruna. You just have to hear it to believe it.

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #29 of 50

Quote:
Belus it's called. Not super melodic, more black metal, but awesome none the less.

More viking stuff I can think of is Wardruna (acoustic melodic pagan metal), Borknager (more symphonic progressive viking metal) and Blóðtrú (pagan black metal)

If you ere to get just one of these it would have to be Wardruna. You just have to hear it to believe it.

Thanks for the suggestions! 

Jan 22, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #30 of 50

Quote:

More viking stuff I can think of is Wardruna (acoustic melodic pagan metal).

Holy crap. Wardruna is incredible. Keep this thread going. I also enjoyed Barzum, but I've never actually heard an album of his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back