Recommendations for a good pair of sub $60 headphones
May 12, 2005 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

horizon

New Head-Fier
I'll be using these for the gym with my Zen Micro. Would anyone be able to recommend a good pair for around or under $60? I'm looking for something without a head band. Also, a good site to purchase from would help a great deal as well, as I know very little about headphones and where to get them
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!
David

May 12, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by horizon
What exactly is isolation?
smily_headphones1.gif

Isolation = blocking outside sound.

The e2c go into your ear canal, and act like earplugs, blocking about 20 decibels of outside sound.

May 12, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinoa
Isolation = blocking outside sound.

The e2c go into your ear canal, and act like earplugs, blocking about 20 decibels of outside sound.

I guess that's optimal (regarding the e2cs), but wouldn't that be super uncomfortable, to have something sticking inside your ear?

May 12, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

I guess that's optimal (regarding the e2cs), but wouldn't that be super uncomfortable, to have something sticking inside your ear?

Yes at first. Took me a little while to get used to. After wearing mine for 2-3 hours my ear canal gets ichy. So I scratch and massage a little and its good for a couple more hours.

I wear mine to sleep, I play pink noise at low volumes (sounds silly) but it works for me.

Garrett

May 12, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 11
sennheiser px100

EDIT: nevermind, they have a headband. still they're quite small, i think they make out a good workout headphone.

May 12, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanEnthusiast
sennheiser px100

EDIT: nevermind, they have a headband. still they're quite small, i think they make out a good workout headphone.

Sitting at my pc everyday I can vouch for the extreme comfort and lightweight design of px100s. Most of the time I can't really feel them on my head at all. The cord is also just right in length, and also very light.

Going headband-less, I'll x2 on kramer5150's KSC-75 recommendation. I have the similar KSC-35's and they sound great. Design is also very light, and 75s are supposed to be even more comfortable. They're also about 13-15$ Amazon etc.

May 13, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #9 of 11
ksc75s sound right for you. etys and shure in-ear canalphones may be a bit past your pricerange. the sennheiser px100s are really nice, and even though they have a band, they fold up quite nicely.

May 13, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #10 of 11
I use my Shure E2c at the gym 3-4 times a week, and they're really quite comfy. The regular clear flex sleeves hurt, but the foam or the ultra-soft are comfy. I think they work really well at the gym.

May 13, 2005 at 8:01 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

earbuds imo are the most comfortable phones you can wear after you get used to them and find the right fitting tips.
I have a micro w/ shure e2c and sony ex51. i would highly recommend both. the sony's are more comfortable but the shure sound a little better. shure's you can pick up on amazon.com for around 65 and the sonys on amazon are going for i think 25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back