Recommendations for a $1000 portable rig
Apr 18, 2014 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

whyandhow

New Head-Fier
Requirements:

Looking for IEMs
Should have at least a six hour battery life
Doesn't need to absolutely fit in my pocket but shouldn't be a desktop amp that happens to have a battery.

What are my options for pairing with my iPhone 5? I also have an iPod Classic, and i would consider a new source if it would be significantly better than either of those and within the budget.

If I would also like to play from my laptop while at work, does it make sense to get a DAC/amp combo?

I listen to a pretty big variety of music. For example, today I listened to Dvorak cello concerto in B, Blood Orange-Cupid Deluxe, Pink Floyd-Dark side, Bowie- Hunky Dory, and Kendrick Lamar - good kid MAAD city.

Let me know if more information needed for a recommendation.

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 5
The DX90 and Noble 4 should be an excellent pairing. I haven't heard them together, but individually they both sound very impressive. 

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 5
I've heard the SE535 and I wasn not impressed at all. The N4 is much better. 

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #5 of 5
I too agree that the SE535 were pretty unimpressive, they weren't horrible, but for the money you could get better (N4!) and I own the DX50, and it's sound quality is a real joy, I think the DX90 will not disappoint, and then maybe get the N4, UM50s, or search of some used W4R, some people enjoy them more than the newer renditions, and seem to be pleasant for most any music. Good luck bud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back