Recommendations between sennheiser momentum & audio technica ath-ws99
May 22, 2014 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

moshin29

Head-Fier
I'm considering buying one of these two headphones. I already own a pair of ath-m50, but it's really not comfortable and the earpads have started to become stiff, as expected. I'll be listening to all kinds of music, but mainly trance. the ath-ws99 costs less and can be had for as low of a price as $179 on amazon. I really like crystal clear sound with controlled bass (i really like the bass on the ath-m50). So, between these two, which one should i get?

May 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 3
Personally, I found the WS99's bass to be a little too heavy. I recall it being pretty tight, but a bit overwhelming for my taste. In terms of clarity, though, they're really darned good.

With that being said, another important thing to consider is the fit of the Momentums (in case you haven't already). I could never get them simply because, in spite of the great sound, they wouldn't fit around my ears so I could never get a good nor comfortable seal.

May 23, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 3
  Personally, I found the WS99's bass to be a little too heavy. I recall it being pretty tight, but a bit overwhelming for my taste. In terms of clarity, though, they're really darned good.

With that being said, another important thing to consider is the fit of the Momentums (in case you haven't already). I could never get them simply because, in spite of the great sound, they wouldn't fit around my ears so I could never get a good nor comfortable seal.

Yeah, i'm concerned about the comfort of the momentum due to their rather smaller earcups. That being said, the ws99 have large ones, which am assuming will be super comfy for me. I've read so many good things about the momentum, but in the end, i really can't sacrifice comfort for sound quality; it just ruins the whole listening experience. Do you have any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back