Aug 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:
Here are the Prices I found:
Sennheiser Momentum - AUD$399
Sennheiser HD558 - AUD$208

As for the amp/dac combos from FiiO,
A07K - AUD$99
E17 - AUD$139

Tell me whether I am wrong or not, but the 558's and one of the FiiO's should give better sound when hooked up to my phone or computer even though it is a cheaper solution right? 

Thanks for the help so far guys

I use the E10 with my 558's, this is the set I prefer when I'm going to listen for extended periods of time with 'shuffle on'.  The combination does well with a variety of genres and they are very comfortable.  

In addition, the E10 has a bass boost switch (+3 DB) that seems to add just the right amount of boost on some of my older recordings that are lacking.  FWIW, I think the E17 has a far more flexibility with equalization settings.

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #21 of 29
Update: I can get the MDR-1R's for AUD$200 brand new from the Sony Store in Brisbane, whereas for the HD558's I would have to pay AUD$299 or wait a month for them to be AUD$208 again. Thoughts on what I should do? Would it be worth getting the MDR-1R's and a FiiO amp or would it not make a difference?

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:
Well that limits things. Just saying, Amazon has a very nice return policy.

indeed, I'd try and shoot for the open backed ma900. Although if your in an area with a lot of noise [cars, people, dogs ect...] open cans are not so nice.

Hell I have a Beyer Dt 880 on right now, and I can just barely hear the tv in the other room. Which is kinda annoying. So open cans have that draw back [and I need to shut my door honestly] 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back