Recommendations/advice on my current setup
Apr 24, 2020 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

pauly01

New Head-Fier
I posted my setup in the "New Members" thread. I'm new to all of this home audio stuff. I'm a very simple kind of guy. Based on my current setup, is there anything I should keep an eye out for or any component worth upgrading? I only look at budget oriented stuff being a father of 4. My Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic was acquired from buying eBay items for parts/repair. I love metal (Megadeth, August Burns Red, Impending Doom), old school rap (Everlast/House of Pain, Public Enemy) and Stevie Ray Vaughan, Sting, etc. I'm all over the place. I love my N700NC M2 with the tight, punchy defined bass with great clarity in all other ranges. Would it be worth upgrading my amp? I was hoping to find a used Asgard 3 or Jotunheim. For headphones, I was looking at SHP9500, T20RP (I want more solid bass). Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I have for the most part. I just don't feel like my Magni 3 is really pushing the DT 990 until I hit 3:00. Even then, it's not as dynamic as the K92 or pronounced bass as the N700NC.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance. I am curious to hear more advanced users' opinions. If it helps, I used to play bass guitar in church. I love hearing (and feeling) the bass when done well. Unlike Skullcandy.

Current setup:
AKG K92
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm
AKG N60NC bluetooth
AKG N700NC M2 (my favorite of all)
SMSL Sanskrit 6th dac
Schiit Magni 3 (non+)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back