Recommendation:techno
Apr 30, 2006 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

the chemist

100+ Head-Fier
Alright guys I am looking for some new music. Ive been diving into the techno and am currently lost in all of the genre
k1000smile.gif

I am pretty sure I like hard trance and electric. I have been listening to Acosta, tiesto and sphongle(not extremely fond of but ok). Any suggestions or places to look?

I was also looking at some of the ebay listings with like 100+ songs but was unsure of the recording/quality?

May 1, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #4 of 10
Wow, Electronic Music, Techno, Electronica is a huge messy place to get started. One really has to find a good vein and go from there, which seems to be what you're doing.

As far as techno, I would try "Ok Cowboy" by Vitalic which is one of the better discs I've heard over the past year. A-lot of electroclash is really just techno to me re-packaged with a trendy genre name.

For example, #1 by Fischerspooner is a trance/techno effort with several good floor stompers you might enjoy.

May 1, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #6 of 10
If you like Trance, check out Armin Van Buren - I'm listening to his "Universal Religion 2004" live from Ibiza album right now and its very melodic - almost pretty if there is such a thing.

If you'd like to explore House, one of my favorite DJ's is Danny Tenaglia. His style is deep and dark, and he always takes you on a journey. Can't go wrong with him IMHO. If you ever get a chance to hear him live - GO!

Somewhere in between these two style wise is another great IMO - Pete Tong. He may not be as fast as a pure trance album - but I really enjoy his work - like his "Essential Selection."

May 1, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #8 of 10
Ok

1.D.A.V.E. - Dazed
2.3d Progressive - Skamner
3.G & M Project - Feeling the Sunrise (up mix)
4.Pandemonium Projects - The Active Building
5.DTH- listen to your heart

These songs are good, I know alot of good songs from Winamp, if you go to their shoutcast radio, they have DIGITALLY IMPORTED which is a online radio station. Its really good imo....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back