[Recommendation] Over-ear closed headphones and portable amp for ~400
Dec 1, 2014 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

urban maverick

New Head-Fier
Need help finding a closed pair of over/on (perferably over) closed headphones and portable like a FiiO E11 or FiiO E07k or something 

So I'm going to college next year and need a pair of closed headphones and DAC/amp for ~$400 that won't disturb my room mate and now seems like the best time (with my parents willing to buy them for christmas and all). I've done a little research on the headphones and ended up with what seem to be the popular ones (VMODA M100, Grado SR325e, and AKG K 550). I'm assuming that a Amp is required, but I'm not to sure if I would like or need a DAC- anyways I would like cheaper portable one if possible. I bought headphones covering only the softer music I listen too, but I'm also fairly into more bassy music so I would like them to deliver a nice powerful base. Okay well I just going to list my order of importance for these headphone.

• Sound quailty
  • Isolation
  • Portability
  • Comfort
  • Bass
  • Aestetics 

Thanks a lot for the help

Dec 1, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 2
Need help finding a closed pair of over/on (perferably over) closed headphones and portable like a FiiO E11 or FiiO E07k or something 

So I'm going to college next year and need a pair of closed headphones and DAC/amp for ~$400 that won't disturb my room mate and now seems like the best time (with my parents willing to buy them for christmas and all). I've done a little research on the headphones and ended up with what seem to be the popular ones (VMODA M100, Grado SR325e, and AKG K 550). I'm assuming that a Amp is required, but I'm not to sure if I would like or need a DAC- anyways I would like cheaper portable one if possible. I bought headphones covering only the softer music I listen too, but I'm also fairly into more bassy music so I would like them to deliver a nice powerful base. Okay well I just going to list my order of importance for these headphone.

1. Sound quailty
  2. Isolation
  3. Portability
  4. Comfort
  5. Bass
  6. Aestetics 

Thanks a lot for the help

Scratch the Grado if you want isolation. They have NONE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back